Do you pay Telmex online?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Apr 5, 2010.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And if you do, do you pay Telmex with a foreign credit card?

I just set up an online "Mi Telmex" account but the form doesn't allow me to choose the country my credit card is from. I spoke with someone at Telmex who said I needed to go into the office to set this up, so I will try that mañana.

But I was wondering if I can expect success? Anyone done this?

I'm sick of going in there to pay this bill, especially when I just turn around and write the bill off on my US taxes anyway (it's a business expense for my US business), I might as well pay it with my business credit card and not actually go there.

What say you, oh oracle of Cancun knowledge?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We don't pay anything online here.

You can pay water, electric and telmex at any Oxxo and many Extra stores, also Walmart or Mega for an extra 5 pesos commission or so. So we just pay bills when we're in there anyway.

3. TomT

TomT Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I pay online every month using a US credit card. Never had a problem, never needed to set it up. In Mi Telmex, there's a drop-down menu under "Emisión de tarjeta" and I pick "Extranjera." Fill in the numbers, and that's all there is to it.

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AHHHH! Thanks, missed that. We can now engage in criticism of the poorly designed Mi Telmex credit card form if you like...I looked at the form twice before I saw that one. And when I called Telmex they didn't mention it either.

6. Viajero

Viajero Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Travelers!

The bill paying service I've been using to handle my finances in Mexico is regalii.com. Specifically to pay a Telmex bill from the US or with a US card use this link https://www.regalii.com/en/mexico/telmex and follow the instructions.

Regalii charges a $3 flat fee per bill paid but is much safer and reliable compared to other places that claim to offer the same service. If you have any questions please feel free to ask away. :D

Telmex is just one of the many companies Regalii hosts, chances are you can use them to pay for all of your monthly bills and have everything in one place!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice