Divers Packing List

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Then you just remove the existing (used) mouthpeice and put your replacement on. When done for the day, switch them back.
     
  3. Rondo

    Rondo Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is a good idea but has a few flaws.

    1. Mouthpieces are attached by zip ties 90% of the time,need to be cut then reattached with a tool that sinches them down correctly.The other 10% are like mine that uses a reusable connector that is equally difficult.

    2. Several diver deaths have involved regulators that popped of the mouth piece without notice due to poor conections(there's alot of torque on this area) the next breath was water,then panic.

    3. No dive op worth diving with would dare let you mess with their inspected,working equipment to let you change mouthpieces two times for every day of diving and risk your life and the life of the guy who next got your rereplaced mouthpiece.

    4. If someone has a worry about contamination bring a Wet-ones antibacterial wipe,and clean the mouth piece inside and out.

    5. Personally I think hoses and bcs are more likely to breed stuff,because they aren't ever really dried or rinsed well,at least the mouthpiece is easily accessible.
     
  4. Jamie

    Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2003
    Messages:
    6,352
    Likes Received:
    582
    Location:
    Daytona Beach Shores, FL
    Ratings:
    +843 / 3
    Besides.... most people would consider it a great night to "open mouth kiss 40 strangers" :twisted:

    If you're diving with a reputable dive shop, they disinfect the regulators between uses. Ask them to show you how they do it and then worry no more. Unless you don't like the way they do it, then you might want to ask some more questions before going down with them. :D

    Jamie
     
  5. soccerscott15

    soccerscott15 Regular Registered Member

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Messages:
    137
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Diver's List

    As a fairly experienced diver, I have come across a product that works as well/better than most dive knives (and will usually not get you into trouble for bringing it on the plane). It's a pair of scissors/shears sold at scuba.com for about $10US- and it will cut through a penny with little effort. Any experienced diver will tell you that there are certain situations you can and will run into when a knife (no matter how expensive or cool looking) will not do the trick- and I am not bashing knives, just stating what I found that works equally well if not better.
    :D
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice