Dish TV vs SKY

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Jan 5, 2013.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone have Dish TV or experience of it? We can get the same package but with one extra HD box for 509, what sky are charging 735. Sky reckon (biggest bullshit i've heard) that the football Dish show is repeats, when it's the exact same channels!!! From what i see they only have planeta futbol, which if you don't care about Spanish football means losing the fa cup if you change to dish from what i can workout. We looked up dish online, they had 4x as many complaints as sky though, can anyone pass on what they know please, be greatly appreciated, sky are not offering to drop their price and want 100 pesos more for a second hd box!
    Thanks,

Sam

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've had DISH since 2008 and have no complaints except the usual satellite type troubles when it rains. The only other thing is that you can only have 2 TV's per receiver.

Contact hodamayoAThotmailDOTcom for more information. He's the guy to go to locally.

3. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. Do you have American Dish or Dish through Telmex?

4. CancunMole

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have American, broadcast out of NY.

5. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've been using Sky for a few years and their service is excellent! They've always showed up the day they said they would, which is more than I can say for pretty much anyone else in Cancun.

That being said, we have one of the more basic packages and don't watch much sports, so I can't help you there.

6. Rudyman

Rudyman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have Sky but no US network channels. can I get US channels via Sky. My condo does not allow to put up a dish. fiends have some deal with satelite that gets all the major networks but uses a dish. Any thoughts?

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CancunMole, do you mind me asking how much you pay a month for that and what setup cost you? Would be nice to get the US options for NFL games and english football with English commentary and also be up to date on series. Also Nat Geo HD here in Spanish only, what's that all about, sucks big time, I hate watching dubbed TV. Kids cartoons in the cinema are all Spanish but i can handle those (except Simpsons, which is 1000 times funnier in English!), it's live action dubbing that's terrible to watch, the voices hardly match and it's so unconvincing.

8. 40lovekathy

40lovekathy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I installed direct tv.... Huge dish... Little up front exp but monthly cost $5 us per month per box linked to a us account.... Fab!!!

9. BzeRulz

BzeRulz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    American TV options

For any one looking for american tv I have a few options to suit your needs.
    Feel free to email dsalomon25athotmaildotcom. :aktion030:

10. CancunMole

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just saw this! From an earlier post of mine:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice