Disappointed after second trip

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by fitgirrl, Dec 19, 2009.

1. fitgirrl

fitgirrl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were at Tempatations cabo for our second visit a few weeks ago. We had a fabulous time our first visit last april, but I'm disappointed to say that the place has gone WAY downhill. I had only rave reviews last trip, but I can say I definitely will not be back after our last experience.

Our room was quite dirty and run down. The quality of food has gone down and the activities are virtually non existant. It took 2 hours to get all our courses at the japanese restaurant and the food was so bad I didn't eat a thing and went back to our room to order room service. I was nearly in tears with hunger as course after course came out that was so bad it was inedible. I do admit I am picky, but to wait 1 hour for my salad and then given a disgusting soggy mess is unexcusable. My husband was served 3 courses of Sushi and appetizers before I got a thing! My chicken entree was obviously microwaved with hard overcooked edges.

The best of the staff has been recruited by the hotel nextdoor. Black Magic, Junior and Miriam from the disco are all gone.

I had been looking forward to this trip for months and can't say strongly enough how disappointed I was and how far the quality of this resort has degraded. I'll be surprised if it survives another year.

2. CLG

CLG Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is interesting to read the opinions from recent trips, they are all over the place, some great, some terrible. We leave next week for our 7th trip to this resort, although most of the trips were Desire. It is disappointing that Black Magic won't be there, but employee turnover always happens. We'll go there with a open mind and hope for the best.

3. BillS

BillS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Fittgrl, We think yes, you might be a little "picky". The food was "inedible"??? Then you've never served overseas in the military like some of us and eaten crap in the worst possible conditions, in the worst elements, in the coldest and hottest temperatures in situations where the average American doesn't care if you are there or not. "Inedible"?? You should consult my 2 sons in the Afghan theater right now about their food. I've sat with American women in restaurants in Vegas and watched them push their food away as "inedible". Amazing! Now, Temp Cabo food won't take your breath away but most of what we ate in October there was tasty and the service was absolutely friendly and caring. THEY are not spoiled as so many of us are...Can I respectfully suggest an attitude change? Spend 30 minutes at your local homeless shelter tonight...OK, my rant is over...PS Our 22 year old son just called us and said he ate his "rations" at 4 am at minus 2 degrees and it was great....! We Americans need a tremendous wake-up call....

4. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We have been to this resort three times since April of this year, so I think we have a good handle on what the resort is all about.

We just got back on Dec 13, we were there for 10 days. This trip they had to move us twice as our air conditioner wasnt working, even the last room they moved us to had to come in and fix it twice to get it working. That never happened once in our two other times there.

The new entertainment is a little lame compared to the last crew, but saying that might be unfair as most of the people didnt want to get involved.

We find the food was as good as always, here is a hint for you, at midinght by the pool it is open now for food, get a bacon chicken ham lettuce and tomato sandwich. Its not on the menu but is yummy.

Any thing bad just doesnt matter as the resort has a swim up jacuzzi bar open till 3 in the morning. :) It is worth going just for that.

Go have fun and enjoy.

5. fitgirrl

fitgirrl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also Blacked out and may have had drugs put in my drink

deleted

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  6. overtimetravel

overtimetravel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    food

Hey as a person who has eaten MRE's in both minus 10 and plus 120 in some of the biggest crap holes in the world i agree with you that compared to that its not that bad. But i never paid a good amount of money to eat in any of those places either. Food is in the eye of the beholder though..all reviews are just that the persons opinion. Read 10 reviews from people there at the same time and they could have all eaten at the same table and you will probably get 10 different reviews.

7. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    this is Carin of Desire-66 and I never usually post anything on here. I agree, the food is not "die for", but it is definately more than edible. All of my dining experiences have been nothing but pleasant, and all 3 times we have been there the service has been tremendous. I would walk into the lunch outside grill, and the cook would no exactly what I wanted and how I liked it. All the staff are friendly and I find bend over backwards to please you. Like my husband said this time they did have to move us to a different room, BUT they took care of it, everytime I asked for something I got it. I did have a minor problem getting the internet, but it was not a big deal to me. The week that we were there, the crowd was really LAME!!! the entertainment staff tried their best to get people involved in all sorts of pool side activities, but nobody wanted to participate, therefore by the end of our trip, they almost gave up because no one was interested. I find it hard to beleive that people do not no how to go and make the best of any situation. How can anyone complain? Good weather, good drinks, a great resort with a jacuzzi open until 3 am? and are we forgetting the most important thing? its reasonably priced. If you want 5 star service and 5 star food honey go to a hmmm 5 star resort. If not I agree with the above comments, look in the mirror get an attitude check and if you are that high maitenance then I suggest you go else where. This resort will surivive, because for every lame opinion that is so far fetched, there are 10 excellent ones. I cannot wait to go back to this resort for many more visits to come...............

8. S & C

S & C Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cabos or Cancun?

My husband and I were at Los Cabos for the February 21st 2009 week grand opening of Temptation and we just returned from Temptation Cancun on Dec 24th 2009.
    We are booking a return trip in February of this year and were going to choose Cabos since we believed the service/food/staff/weather were above and beyond at Cabos compared to Cancun.
    Cabos had no restaurant reservations- Cancun was a disaster with only 2 of the 11 days being able to book a meal
    Cancun had only 1 bartendar between TWO bars Disco and Sports Bar with 20 people in line at a time it took hours to get drinks at times.
    Pool at Cancun was cold but warm at Cabos
    Cancun Weather was humid Cabos dry and great for hair
    Chinos and Black Magic were at Cabos full time
    Chinos showed up for only 3 days at Cancun
    With the recent reviews about Cabos I wonder if it was only amazing then since it was still in the Desire(upscale)/Temptation change.
    I told everyone in Cancun they had to try Cabos and now I wonder myself.
    Any more input would be great before we book for this February.

9. BillS

BillS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I was certainly hard on Fiitgrl, maybe too hard, but I have also seen Americans act in an insufferable way toward food servers in other countries (we ALL have seen this) and it grates on me. Twice in my life I have made a point to apologize to some servers after this "ugly American" attitude was inflicted on them. I knew Fitgrl must've exhibited some of this when she said how slow the service was in the Asian restaurant...! Slow? If anything, the servers can be somewhat of pests as they hover, looking to please. We honestly got full embrace bear hugs from our servers 80% of the time after we ate there as we are (especially my wife) happy and kind...maybe that's why our food was good???? I've noticed some Americans just cannot be happy anywhere and they cast a bad rep on the rest of us. And the 3 or so times I've had to apologize FOR them they were all from New York, where, amazingly, being obnoxious is somehow considered an attribute. I told one young NY girl she was talking to our waitress in Cancun like a dog...She laughed! The way she made that little Mayan girl cry still burns me up...An infectious smile with "como esta" and a measly (to us) tip changes everything for everybody, doesn't it?:icon_eek:

10. smack64

smack64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

We were also in Cabo the first week and are going south Feb 20th but not sure where just yet. Some of the people we met in Cabo last year will be at TTR Cancun at that time and were thinking of joining them but not sure yet. I've been reading this board to try and see if Temptation Cancun is the place to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice