Dirty Vibes Group Event- Impact On Our Trip If We're Not Part Of It?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DontActMyAgeOnVacay, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    My understanding though is that the group has only committed to the same level tower plus plush jacuzzi room takeover as this year. The key word being they have been given the OPTION to upgrade to a full resort takeover. But are not sure if the financial risk is worth it. Going from 175 rooms to 426 rooms is quite the undertaking. I am guessing they are doing a big push to sign people up now so they can figure out if the risk goes down to take on a contract for the full resort. They have already sold out the master rooms and all but two of the lush rooms in just 3 days but of course the nicer rooms are easier to fill then the many ocean and garden view.

I plan to do a separate thread specifically on what I learned. I will of course put in the qualifier that this is hearsay and it seems like plans change with the wind these days.

2. Flash2

Flash2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 1
    That is exactly what I heard from the organizer of DV at breakfast last week. We were not there as part of the group but he had a table next to us and then joined us for breakfast. I saw another poster Kyle and Jen I think state that the takeover week was the end of April to the beginning of May but the horses mouth told me first week of April. First week of April is always our vacation week due to our schedules but it sounds like we will be trying something different next year anyway. I think he said you could still book during the takeover you just have to pay their premiums.

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I mean that makes sense. They were looking at early April. Were considering full takeover. But landed on April 28-May 3. I am 100% positive on that as they were selling rooms on Friday and Saturday already...$100 deposit. They have the option for a full takeover but haven’t taken it, yet, and frankly I am betting they won’t. Going from 175 rooms to 426 rooms is quite the financial risk. And I got the sense that they are going to see how many they can sell quick and go from there but if I was a betting man (and I am ha) I would bet on same level takeover as this year...Tower takeover plus plush jacuzzi rooms.

But if they do go the entire takeover their approach was to of course allow premier bookings (they did this year too) but yes they would charge the fee to cover their party costs such as bringing in the dj’s which this year ran at $350 a room

4. 2newfriends

2newfriends Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    Thanks. Yes I believe they are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice