Dinner Reservations, Etc

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Matt_Di, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Matt_Di

Matt_Di Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hey everyone!

February 16-23 will be our first time back to TTR since they renovated. They used to take dinner reservations by the quiet pool, at select times of the day, for all the à la carte restaurants...is that still the deal?

Also looking for any tips you might have/things you’ve learned about the new Temptation versus the old, classic version of the resort we know! :D

Thanks in advance, and cheers!

2. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Only need reservations for SHE and the hibatchi at Sutra. Others are walkup (including the menu/restaurant at Sutra).

3. Matt_Di

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Oh, great! Thanks!

Does the concierge still try to hard-sell you on timeshare upon arrival? Any tips for getting out of that waste of time? ;)

4. nokidclub

nokidclub Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    We always just give a respectful, firm "no" (even if they keep asking) and eventually everyone moves on.

5. Kano

Kano Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 0
    Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but they also asked us for a $10 per person “deposit” for our meeting time. And they will send someone to your room to knock on your door if your phone is unplugged and have the “do not disturb” sign on the door.

6. kkn52

kkn52 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    This is what we did, just politely (but firmly) tell them you aren’t interested and if the keep pushing just push back and say you just want to get to your room to get settled in

7. Bob & Stacy

Bob & Stacy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +351 / 0
    We took a year off just because the timeshare lady was so rude the last time we were there. My wife had to use the restroom and her exact words were, “this is my job and you have to listen to me or you will not get your room keys”. We went to Desire twice last year and they asked if we were interested in talking, we said no, and we were off to the pool within 10 minutes of walking in the door.

8. Matt_Di

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yes, we’ve had some of them become intrusively pushy about it on our past trips but that’s pretty unbelievable! I think it probably all depends on the person pitching. I mean, they almost certainly get a commission for every guest they can sign up...but if they’re actually driving some people away in their fight to sign them up for long-term patronage, you really have to question the effectiveness. o_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice