Digital Camera Charger

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by carrie82, Aug 15, 2007.

1. carrie82

carrie82 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just suddenly realised that the voltage is different in Cancun from the UK.. how am I going to charge my camera will my charger work at all even if it does take ages, or can I get a voltage adapter or will this blow my charger up? Help!

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You could try a voltage converter which will work, but is not always the best thing for electronics.

Or buy a cheap off-brand charger on Ebay or something that will work with Mexican/US outlets.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Most camera chargers have a voltage adapter inbuilt dont they (at least mine does)?

As long as it says something like Input 100-240V you should be fine, but you will need a plug adapter.

4. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never noticed that Steve. Just looked at my Olympus charger and it accepts variable incoming voltage as well.

Good to know!

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, a lot of my electronic stuff camera/camcorder/pc equipment is from the UK and all works fine in Mexico.

Where those from the UK will find problems is appliances like hairdryers, dvd players etc where there is no transformer involved.

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It should work fine if it says 110-240V.

I have many French appliances and I also have 220V at home and they work (sometimes with some electrical work). It is easy to find a UK/US adapter here. My charger is like that but the opposite (bought it in the US), and works in France with just the adapter. And it is harder that way, because of the Hz (hertz, not hotel zone :lol: )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice