Difference between Delux Ocean and Suite

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by the-pred, Mar 29, 2011.

1. the-pred

the-pred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey I have seen the pictures of the Ocean suites, does anyone have pictures of the Deluxe Ocean rooms? I am a little confused by price difference as well. I am thinking that a Deluxe ocean is about a $40 a night increase, a Jacuzzi is about a $50 increase and a Suite is about a $60 increase. I based these guesses off the website. I would love to upgrade to a suite for $60 more a night. If i memo this in my pre booking will they let me know if its possible?

2. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2
    Hope this helps:

Deluxe Ocean: Ocean view room with a balcony

Jacuzzi: These rooms ring the quiet pool on the first floor. The inside of the rooms is about the same as any other room. Maybe a tad bigger. There is a larger patio area on the room where an outside jacuzzi is. On almost all rooms there are shades you can pull down for privacy in your jacuzzi and separate curtains to close off your room if you prefer that.

Suite: These rooms are oceanfront rooms on all floors over by the quiet pool. I believe that they all have balconies but that the jacuzzi is more of a tub in the bathroom. There is much more space in the rooms although they vary. One that I saw had a "rain" shower in the tub, a couch area, and a separate little room with a full size closet and makeup station in addition to the bed area (balcony was over by the bed). Another I saw had about 50% more space than a normal room (same with the bathroom) but no couch area.

3. huskernjack

huskernjack Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

the-pred,

well in my own experience of being in cancun 5 times , there is no promising that u will get upgrade rooms like oceanview or jacuzzi or suite room........ i have always get deluxe room and then when u get to the resort front desk and tip the front desk rep large and abt maybe 40 bucks and i get upgrade room for the whole week of stayin upgrade room for only 40 bucks extra ..:huepfen013: so hope it works out for ya !!! will be in cancun april 13th to 17th !!!!

4. joanie4365

joanie4365 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How are the garden view rooms? Do they have balconies? Are there any on the first floor? We dont know whether the upgrade would be necessary if the garden rooms are in a good location with only a short walk to all the action. We don't mind tipping to get a bigger room, but if the location isnt that great then we dont want to bother.

5. the-pred

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would love the upgrade to the suite. Last year it got pretty crowded in our room for some of the late night parties. So in everyone’s opinion greasing a front desk attendant is the best way to get an upgrade?

6. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    the larger oceanfront suites were awesome. the only complaints were

1) u cant really use the jacuzzi tub ( if u have one at home think about all the mold & mildew if you NEVER cleaned out the pumps/lines seen everything from green tinted water to black stuff coming out!!!)

2) in may when its warmer, it took forever to cool it off as it has the same size AC as a regular room. we had to go to walmart to buy fans to keep the air circulating.
    besides that they were very nice. wouldnt turn down a free upgrade but wouldnt pay extra for one.
    frank

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    There are not many suites, however they have the best view in the resort. I would book those before arriving if you wanted one very bad. Even better views than the Deluxe Ocean rooms that Premier members always get that overlook the sexy pool. Those should be very quiet also. Jet skis during the day, but not much else.

8. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Deluxe Ocean veiw only means you might get a slight view of th ocean, you might also have to stretch a little to see it, but youre not in your room that much anyway, so I would take the creapest room if I where you

9. the-pred

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ya during the day really don't spend anytime in the room. It was at night when we had 8 people in a room, got a little crowded in a standard room.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice