diet

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bevy, Jul 30, 2018.

1. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    Hubs just sprung on me that he is thinking of going sept 13-22
    just started my diet for real ..we just had a huge family thing full of crap food
    when we went in march he just had a heart attack and apparently stress made me gain weight I was 190 not doing that ever again ..I am down to 180 now .. I wasn't serious about the diet with family stuff going on
    besides hitting the gym lightly .. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia …( getting an mri of my knee and hips this week woot ..will see what that says )
    cutting out all the crap food
    what is a good cheapish way to loose weight , cant fast cause of meds ..
    my goal is 2 pounds a week .. by doing 1200 calories a day ..doable
    looked at keto supplements but the ones I found are costly ..
    and yup looking for cheats lol anything to get a upper hand to go with my no excuses time to actually work now mindset

2. MistyxChris

MistyxChris Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    We both did keto and had success but we were very strict about not exceeding calories and I only had one cheat day a week and most people could only handle one cheat MEAL as opposed to the whole day like me. I’m about 135 lbs, if that matters
    You have time but you have to commmit and be realistic with yourself ;) any questions message me :D

3. Tony&Dalice

Tony&Dalice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Dieting sucks! Fortunately I enjoy the gym and unfortunately hate dieting like most others! There isn't a "cheat" per say its simple calories in vs calories burnt, if you can gain a little muscle your body will burn more calories too. See if you can find some low impact cardio that you enjoy, maybe swimming? While controversial as to the timing of day I still prefer cardio in the morning before eating and find I have better results.

Keto works but you still have to watch your macros and its tough if not making your own food as there are hidden carbs in everything as well.

4. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we have a pool now ...so I am thinking maybe light gym one day my upper joints are in better shape so at the gym maybe work on those mostly ..and then some easy pool laps the next ..I have a noodle for when my joints say take a break and I can still move but not put in as much work .. arthritis sucks so bad lol

5. daveandliz

daveandliz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I put up a free 30 day program to do at home I wrote on my website. check it out. Fitness is my background and wellness is what I do for a living. I hope it helps.
    Health & Fitness Overhaul

6. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    KETO... Doesn't have to be expensive. And you can easily do the 2 lbs in a week. It works. Just watch the carbs / sugars. Have a couple eggs for breakfast, a protein shake or something low carb for lunch, and you can get creative with dinner. There are TONS of keto recipes online. I've dropped 35 pounds in less than a year. We do some walking / running too, and you will have to exercise a bit also, but KETO is not that hard. And if you drink soda, cut it. YOU CAN DO IT!

7. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I've lost 28lbs on keto over the past two months. It really does work, but I have to set a calorie limit too. Around 1,100 cals a day for me otherwise I don't lose weight. Key in calories into MyFitnessPal too, so I'm not guestimating. I do one or two cheat days a week, even then I try not to go over 1,600 cals but relax the no carbs rule. I couldn't stick to it if I didn't allow any cheat days. I try to stick to 'one meal a day' too during the week (not at weekends). Just have coffee or water during the day, eat one substantial meal in the evening. It's not for everyone.

Food tends to be a portion of meat or fish, with vegetables or a salad, and some dairy. As for costs/supplements, I add a tablespoon of psyllium husk to a pint of water every morning, since sufficient fibre intake can be an issue on low carb diets. I will occasionally take a potassium supplement if I haven't eaten green leafy vegetables in a while. Debating if I need to take a daily multivitamin too.

8. tbayfinn

tbayfinn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 1
    I know you said no fasting, but I figured I would say whats worked for me. I eat pretty close to a paleo diet (which has similarties to keto), and I also do intermittent fasting. So I only eat for 10 hours a day (8am-6pm). I've lost 10 lbs in the last month by following this. My trick for macros is having one of each in every meal/snack. My coffee break snacks at work are a boiled egg (protein), small amount of walnuts (fat), and a mandarin orange (carbs). Drink lots of water too. Sometimes what feels like hunger is just thirst.

Good luck! 2lbs a week is achievable!

9. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +274 / 0
    Diet? I am fixing to grill chicken wings in the back yard and drink some cold beer. Diet ? What me worry ? :D

10. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Paleo diet and keto will get results, I have lost 80#. Watch carbs don't eat wheat or any grains. Healthy fats are your friend keeps you feeling full. Don't overdo protein but eat enough to maintain muscle. Use online food logs to really track what you eat. It helps to see the breakdown of macros.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice