Desire RM Restaurants?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by qccritter, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    I think there are only 3 main restaurants there.

Sahlo: can't remember what the cuisine was, but it was fancy. The "salad" was like 6 pieces of veggies on a plate with a fancy drizzle. The restaurant was very elegant, upscale. The dress code was casual elegant. Reservations were needed. (A couple we had just met already had reservations so they added us to their table) Food + service were excellent.

Suki: Hibachi was great! Only six people sat at our table, but I think maybe 2 more could have fit. The chef cooked chicken, beef + shrimp for everyone. (We weren't asked what our preferences were) My husband + I ordered sushi before the chef came out. The chef also cooked fried rice + vegetables. The food was so good! The presentation was great, all the things you see at a typical hibachi (flaming onion stack, soy sauce volcano, toss the egg on the spatula, etc) There was so much food! No one could eat the whole thing. Reservations were needed for the hibachi, but you could also just dine at Suki without a reservation (just regular table, not hibachi). Again, casual elegant dress code.

El Arrecife: this is the buffet. The food was quite good + they had many options. There's an outdoor part + an indoor part and I'm still not sure if they're 2 separate buffets or just one that's split up. I don't think there's a dress code here. The outdoor part is near the pool and the restrooms so you might see naked people walking by, or walking through :)

Also, you can get late night food at the Lobby Bar. I forget what they offer besides pizza (we got a nice, thin mushroom pizza) No reservations, no dress code.

Enjoy your trip!

2. qccritter

qccritter Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Lobby bar activities? I guess we missed that 8 years ago (although my memory is not the best). What's the general timeline? I feel like we did pool, then dinner around 7ish, then back to the room to change for the dance club, clubbing, then hot tub. Open for suggestions as we're trying to maximize our two days!

And thanks EVERYONE for the suggestions! We'll definitely try the nice restaurant one night and Suki the other. We may forgo the teppanyaki show just to save a little time, those usually go on for a while!

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Here was our typical day...

10am yoga
    11am beach volleyball
    12-4something pool
    1something lunch
    4 or 5 head up to the jacuzzi
    Jacuzzi fun until 6 or 7
    Back to run for fun and change to dinner
    Dinner at 8 or 9
    Show at lobby bar or in disco. I think 10 or 10:30
    11pm up to the disco if not already there
    12-1 back to the jacuzzi or from for fun

Rinse and repeat

4. qccritter

qccritter Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    IT may kill us after 5 days at TTR lol! But really we only have one FULL day at DRM. We don't get there until probably noon on Sunday and we'll have to leave at the same time on Tuesday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice