Desire Pearl TR from a TTR-lover's perspective

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by hot_2_trot, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12

In our three trips we will have paid / will be paying $367, $333 and $380 a night. Less than what we will be paying for rm in May.

2. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Shhh, the less of them that go, keeps the prices down for us! :daisy:

3. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

There's no doubt that we overpaid. And this colored our entire perception of the resort. We were expecting the moon, and got a few moon rocks instead.

4. tnsaf

tnsaf Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Glad somebody said it !

5. tnsaf

tnsaf Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a fellow Canadian and next door neighbor ( Manitoba) I would strongly suggest taking the plunge and experiencing Desire , either location. My husband and I enjoyed our visits to TTR but since trying Desire have had no interest in returning. Our last visit was October and besides the pool chair situation, ( yes you need to tip $20.00 first day) nothing that I saw in the original review was evident. We will return in October but split between the two resorts just so we can experience both. The romance is fantastic and believe me the parties , dependent on the crowd I guess can get way crazy, we have never had a problem finding a party at either location. G & K

6. Pappkos

Pappkos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for the info tnsaf. We will definitely give it a try sometime before Christmas then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    First let me say, I wish you would have stayed. I missed you both and this girl had an epic first day and (overall great trip with some awesome folks). Just ask anyone trying to have a nice dinner in the Italian restaurant on Thursday. The lovely weather kept many of us in our Jacuzzi rooms having parties. Oh my...I had people I had never met in my life (or so I thought) ask me the next day if my ass hurt and reminded me of other things I said and my friends did. Dinner and a movie, one random patron told us days later. Ahhh...TTR.

8. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    But, as you know, we have wanted to go there and a few of us were waiting for your honest review. Since I know you both, I appreciate the review and glad we were not upgraded. I might have missed something! Oh, wait, I did...lingerie night due to the first night curse and those shots.

9. Partyometer

Partyometer I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +579 / 1
    I agree with Kyle. Can you imagine if people stayed from TTR based on the negative reviews of people alone???

If anything, this review makes me want to lean towards trying RM over Pearl - we would still love to try the Desire experience sometime. I ALMOST got Trav to try it this June for a couple nights but ultimately struck out.

P.S. Kyle, can you please 'like' this post for me? I'm trying to keep up with my average, lol. :) :) :)

10. Billchrismich

Billchrismich Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We think you guys did a great job of filling us in. WE LIKE YOU, HAVE AN EXPETATION . For the money they should be kissing your ass and making you feel like a King & Queen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice