Desire Pearl TR from a TTR-lover's perspective

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by hot_2_trot, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    You could "what if" the hell out of this too. You guys just came from 4 days of the Shitshow too. And the Shitshow was awesome this year and still raging while you were at Desire. What if you hadn't been coming down from that high and had just gone straight into Desire cold. If you didn't think you were missing out on being somewhere else by being there, then the same experience may have felt different.

With that said, that wouldn't make the hot tub any warmer, given you a place to sit, or competing for your meal with a cat any better. So yeah, now that I have written this up, just ignore me. I've invalidated my own thought.

2. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Who mentioned fish?

3. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I remember my first time at Temptation having a lot of "WTF?" Moments for the price we paid (2013 week 8 was expensive for us). Getting in line at 10:30 to make restaurant reservations?? No chairs by the pool as early as 6am?? Shitty A/C? Room and resort layout that looked like they were designed by Alice in Wonderland? Weak drinks? Sports pool never heated? Slow meal service?

Point is, there's lots to complain about at both places, but the party crowd is what keeps us coming back to TTR. We spend the money and choose to overlook the negatives because we enjoy the overall experience. For someone looking for a very laid back, quiet, sexual time, they might be equally willing to deal with a few unfavorable things at Pearl as we do with TTR.

4. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I remember my first time at Temptation having a lot of "WTF?" Moments for the price we paid (2013 week 8 was expensive for us). Getting in line at 10:30 to make restaurant reservations?? No chairs by the pool as early as 6am?? Shitty A/C? Room and resort layout that looked like they were designed by Alice in Wonderland? Weak drinks? Sports pool never heated? Slow meal service?

Point is, there's lots to complain about at both places, but the party crowd is what keeps us coming back to TTR. We spend the money and choose to overlook the negatives because we enjoy the overall experience. For someone looking for a very laid back, quiet, sexual time, they might be equally willing to deal with a few unfavorable things at Pearl as we do with TTR.

5. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    The price you paid in 2013 .....

Happy Wife - Happy Life lol

6. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Absolutely. And now they have a better idea going in what some of the things they'll need to overlook (or know the secret handshake to avoid) will be.

7. CaptMorgan

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    Absolutely! Nothing beats an informed decision. If not for these forums and people convincing Mrs Morgan it would be great, I'm quite certain I could have never convinced her to go to TTR in the first place.

8. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Agreed! And a mistake is only a stupid mistake if you make it more than once.

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I was cncerned that this would be what I'd think of Pearl, too. Desire RM was a bit different, and not 7 Benjamins a night! Ouch!

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    One thing is for sure... It would be a shame if anyone based their vacation choice off of the most negative or the most positive review. And that goes for pearl AND TTR. For those of u saying no way I am going to Pearl now, might be best to keep that in mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice