Desire Pearl TR from a TTR-lover's perspective

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by hot_2_trot, Feb 24, 2015.

1. KNK3

KNK3 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Appreciate the review. Lots of risk to try it - thanks for saving us $$$.

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Thanks for the review, that was interesting.

3. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6
    Like others have said....so sorry you guys had a shitty time but thanks for saving us some money! We will just use that money for the greater good and party longer at TTR!

Nikki

4. JodiDamon

JodiDamon Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ryan, we had espresso every morning at the buffet at TTR. We just asked our server. We generally ordered double or triple espressos (with or without Bailey's) as our coffee replacement / one-up, because the coffee was abysmal. The espresso really hit the spot. :D

5. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    WHAT??? :aktion047::aktion047::D

I agree the coffee is horrendous but I'm almost positive they used to not have espresso. Good to know for next time!

6. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    Many thanks for the comprehensive trip report guys.

7. JoeMar

JoeMar Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    I know TTR has espresso at Patty'os and at the Italian restaurant. I have one every evening when Patty'Os opens, it's my "Mexican Red Bull".

8. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    They have it at the fish place too.

9. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    That may be the greatest quote I've read in a long, long time. And great advice, too.

10. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    OK, I said I'd reply to Kyle's comments so here goes. And Kyle I'm not at all arguing with you, just wanted to throw out my reaction to your respectful and helpful comments.

The fact that I went to the buffet 4 times and was never offered a menu or asked if I would like anything a la carte is far more infuriating than when I thought there was only buffet. The drink service was also spotty - right on twice, and twice we took turns going to the buffet while the other waited to place drink orders and both times the second of us was halfway through the buffet before anyone came by.

Chairs: not a lot more to say. At a resort claiming to be of the quality they are (and charging for it) there should be a chair for every person at the hotel. No bullshit games. What makes it much worse is that with the pool unheated and the beach a sandblaster, the only other option is the 6 daybeds by the hot tub (so seats for 12 more people) or going back to your room. There is no quiet pool option, you're simply shit out of luck. If we were to ever go back we'd of course play the tip game, but it's stupid.

It also feels cheap that they don't heat the pool a few degrees, and keep the hot tub (and the small one by the pool) always ready other than cleaning.

Basically those 3 things to me represent 2 major shortfalls in service at a luxury resort and 1 very in-your-face sign of cutting corners.

I'm obviously being harder on them than on TTR, but they chose to market and price themselves in the luxury tier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice