Desire Pearl TR from a TTR-lover's perspective

Discussion in 'Desire Pearl' started by hot_2_trot, Feb 24, 2015.

1. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Kyle - thanks for your comments. We knew you two would be disappointed we didn't like it. I'll respond more tomorrow, I'm on the computer all day and writing that up put me way over my screen time limit for the day

2. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Similar to Ryan's comment, too tired tonight to rant anymore, but we are super fucking pissed that we had such a bad experience and it's probably over for us there regardless. If they're owned by the same company and they treated us like that then f them.

3. Pappkos

Pappkos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for the review we have been on the fence about Desire but found your review to be what we have generally heard from others. We will stay at our happy place TTR as I had never disappointed us ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Nocalfun

Nocalfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We haven't been to Pearl, only Riviera Maya. In fact, we have been to Desire RM many times and love it. But we are excited to experience the TTR party for the first time in April.

I don't think anyone would tell you to go to Pearl for the party.....Everything I hear is it is the quieter resort. I also think $700/night is crazy. We paid close to that for a passion suite, not a regular room (at RM).

Sorry to hear your experience was negative.

5. Dippin

Dippin Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Jen, fill in me on the tricks at Pearl. We are going to TTR and then headed to Pearl for 4 days. To think I have to tip to get a chair by the pool just pisses me off to end. I don't want my trip to end up like Hot to trot's. I have no problem tipping as long as I get service. Wondering if I should change to RM. help me out please. Thanks

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I don't want to hijack the thread so pm me any specific questions you have but regarding your chair question see my response on the last page. More details... Look for Jarrod. Shake his hand, say hello, tell him it is your first time at pearl and you want to be near the action at the fun end of the pool. Hand him $20 and tell him ideally he sets you up at the fun end until the day you depart telling him the day. He will then either take you to where you want to go if it is available or tell you they are reserved by other guests and take you to two that are available. If it is the latter tell him that you would like to be moved when they become available. The next day find Jarrod and he will remember you and take you to the best option based on your preferences. I agree it sucks to pay $20. But it sucks more to not have prime chairs or have to get up at 6:30am to reserve them like at many places or have no chairs at all. Although both of our trips never was there no chairs available but maybe there are more people in feb than may or october. It was just a matter of chairs at the busy end vs quiet end. Clearly different than Jess and Ryan's experience.

7. Bearlet

Bearlet Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 2
    TTR alternative

Thanks Jess and Ryan for sharing the experience! So, Desire is off the list as TTR alternatives during remodeling. The next on that list could be Caliente Tampa - looks like they have many parties going on - Parties at Caliente Tampa. Have anyone stayed at Caliente ?

8. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Lol I can just hear him saying that too, now waiting to see Jeff & Lori's TR

9. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Lenni, you guys would hate Pearl.

10. hot_2_trot

hot_2_trot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Kyle, it pisses me off to NO END that there was an fn menu in the buffet that includes items such as crab eggs Benedict. WTF? I don't remember a menu ever being given in the buffet. Capt, do you?

As for complaining to management, that's not our style and is a huge hassle. And all they usually want to do is offer for you to come back at a cheaper rate. I'm madder than ever after hearing that our experience was so below what others have had. We know a lot of ppl from TTR and Pearl should know that we have influenced quite a few people to avoid this resort. That's what they get.

Sent from my iPhone

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice