Desire Cabo now Temptations Cabo

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TerryB, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    mplsndecpl While I personally feel bad for you one does have to realize that there are good reasons for what they are doing if I interpret this correctly.

Not knowing the lay-of-the-land so to speak I can't comment on pressure from other developments in the vicinity to change so I won't make a comment.

However from a strictly business POV it makes sense. If you can't consistently keep a resort full or close to it then you need to make a change to turn a money loser into a money maker.

In terms of marketing it makes a lot of sense as it will now be able to market to people like me who are single who couldn't otherwise experience that resort, as well as to other people who aren't as open sexually as you would seem to be.

I look forward to the chance to try out the TTR2 and if there are any lost swingers there then I promise to be respectful just as I am now at TTR1!

2. mplsndecpl

mplsndecpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A year ago there was nothing next to it except an empty lot to the east and little apartment type buildings and some small shops to the west. Large screen walls keep what happened inside private.

When we were there last year. I did not see any issue with capacity in the hotel and Desire Cabo has been routinely booked out (take overs) by several lifestyle groups since it has opened. I do not think that is the issue.

There are also time shares there and what really upsets is a lot of people who have planned, committed time and paid a lot of money for the Desire experience are now getting screwed and not in a good way.

3. MrBhaven

MrBhaven Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not so much about what's happening as it is about HOW it's happening.

Granted, the information seems to have been leaked out, but the owners need to come out and address how they will handle previous reservations. Perhaps they have a contingency plan to care for us (I would certainly hope so).

Not to mention that "www.desireloscabos.com" is STILL open for reservations!

4. mplsndecpl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

AGREED

Like I said before they handled this very unprofessionally and it has messed up a lot of people's plans they have worked on for a while now.

5. unclejerry

unclejerry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey - it is what it is. Lousy.
    As a travel agent I see it all the time. I have had people booked on a cruise and a lifestyle or nudist group takes over the ship. Then we have to scramble to find an alternative for our clients. Same with hotels, some convention or large group comes in and they bump their previous reservations.

It doesn't sound fair and it isn't but they can legally do it.

I assume Desire wasn't making money or they wouldn't have changed. They did go out 6 months with Desire before they make the change. There has to be a cutoff date sometime. They could have scheduled it for November 1st.

You can get upset and steam and stew about it but they don't know you're doing it and it doesn't affect them at all. I would just suck it up and make new plans. It's hard to think straight and make a rational decision when you're worked up. I just hope you haven't made air reservations yet. That can be a problem.

Uncle Jerry (everyones favorite Uncle).
    http://tendollarbiz.com

6. mplsndecpl

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is part of the problem we all have. almost 20 couples.

7. MrBhaven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now who would be so silly as to actually book air reservations after booking their vacation destination? :roll:

(sorry, couldn't help it...) (anyhow, yeah, I'm just bitching & will certainly live through it.)

8. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you check the availability calendar they have no reservations available after Feb 20th.

mplsndecpl have you called to find out what is the status for the resort with your large group reservation??

9. unclejerry

unclejerry Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    (sorry, couldn't help it...) (anyhow, yeah, I'm just bitching & will certainly live through it.)

Glad to hear it.

When I have clients that it happens to I just have to sit and let them vent. Until they do there is no reasoning with them and a lot of them blame me. Like I have any control.

Anyway, I hope you're feeling better now. I'm just happy it's not me. :D

Uncle Jerry (everyones favorite uncle).
    http://tendollarbiz.com

10. MrBhaven

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nah, I'm not blaming the agent. I'm still holding out hope that something will come to light that we don't already know. I'm just killing time here in the meanwhile.

:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice