dermatologist

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Jun 12, 2007.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all, anyone know of a good dermatologist in Cancun?? Time to check the moles!!

cheers
    Mat

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I'd like to know as well.

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Jannet knows a good one, (she also knows a bad one). I'll find out details for you both later today.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Cant find the details of the one that wasn't very good (incorrect diagnosis and prescribed a product not available in Mexico).

The good one is below. Young girl not long out of university but knows her stuff and gave perfect diagnosis. She also advised on which pharmacies to avoid (i.e those that gave kickbacks to the doctor and were more expensive for the same product). Consultancy fee was 500 pesos.

Dra Ana Paula Flores Quijano
    Pabellon Caribe
    Av Nichupte No 22 of 107
    Mza 2 Sm 19
    Tel 8928927

6. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers Steve, much appreciated, I already went to one this morning, hope it ain't the "bad one" as they refered me to this person at Hospiten on bonempark for this afternoon. Already feeling like I'm getting fleeced! looks like you had a good holiday then mate, I'm personally gagging for a stella, you didn't bring any back with you??

7. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an excellent doctor. His name is Dr. Cepeda. He was highly recommended and both my husband and I had things removed by him. He is a Plastic Surgeon but if he feels something doesn't look good, he sends it out for biopsy. He has a very gentle hand, and I barely have a scar. I am a nurse and I have a history of cancer and he made me feel very secure with everything. He has an English speaking assistant so it makes life a bit easier for English speaking people. He is located in the AmeriMed Hospital next to Plaza Las Americas. His phone number is 881-3400. He has my highest recommendations as well and he's the man I would go to if I had anything suspicious growing on my body!

8. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Of either doctor listed...do you guys know if they specialize in acne? For the entire 7 months that I've been down here, my skin has turned into that of a teenager. Enough is enough...I need medical help!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice