Dental Care

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Sep 29, 2010.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    My wife needs a dentist, and we need a referral. I've been to two dentists here, and I wasn't impressed in either case.

For the referral to be truly useful, it needs to be from someone who's had a reasonably significant amount of work done by a local dentist, such as a crown, or inlays, and can talk about what it cost as well as the quality of the workmanship. (My wife may need one, or the other.)

One dentist we went to was distractable, and not very professional; the other dentist ham fisted and not very thorough. Neither inspired enough confidence for us to follow through with the treatments they were recommending.

My wife and I have had dental care in Kazahkstan, Thailand and Vietnam, so we're not that hard to please, but we like to come out of dental treatment without problems, or regrets.

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As I'm sure you know V this has been brought up before. American Smile Clinic has been recommended repeatedly, and is owned and operated by a respected New York dentist. I've personally had a complete root canal and crown done there over the course of several visits and can't recommend them enough, and the prices are considerably less than what you might expect in the US. Yes, I am friends with the owners of the clinic but that's not the reasoning behind the recommendation.

I went to one place here before I knew about American Smile to have a cavity looked at and the guy didn't even put gloves on :eek: before sticking what I'm not even sure was a clean pick in my mouth.. ( he just grabbed it off of a tray piled high with things that was already there when I walked in) needless to say I didn't go back there! The American Smile clinic reminds me of the small town place I went while I was growing up, its not a big city style office but has more of a family practice feeling, which I'd imagine most patients find calming as opposed to the 1984 looking offices with big empty rooms that have insane asylum looking white walls everywhere like the place I went way back when I had braces as a teenager...

3. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

I've gone to American Smile on several occasions and it's always been for something major. I've had several root canals and crowns done there...one of which was an emergency when I broke a tooth. I've been totally impressed by them (expertise and bedside manner...can you use that term with dentists??) and pleased with the service and prices. I used to be a nervous wreck when I had to go to the dentist but I'm over that now. I can honestly say I had ZERO pain during or after any of the procedures I had at American Smile so going to the dentist doesn't freak me out anymore. I highly recommend their services. (and, no, they aren't paying me for my glowing testimonial.)

Susan

4. TashasMom

TashasMom Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Contacting American Smile

Does anyone have an email address for American Dental?

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Actually Mauricio Grassi is still seeing patients. He has moved to Bonampak near the bridge with Lopez Portillo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice