Dengue Patrol

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Aug 11, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Dengue Patrol came by and put a little bag of mosquito poison in the cisternas.

How long shoule I wait before ingesting the water?

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you drink water from your cisterna and tinaco normally? I never have.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blech, I would never ingest the tinaca water! In the past when they've come, I have brushed my teeth the same day and haven't noticed any adverse affects or flavours.

Viva dengue patrol! I personally think they've been doing a good job, at least in this area of Cancun. They are here on a regular basis and always stop to talk to me about prevention, etc.. I've also noticed a real lack of mosquitoes this year, they've been spraying a lot.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The "ingest" comment was to see what Drewbert would have to say. But it is possilbe to get water down the hatch when bathing or brushing. We were not given any warning like "wait for 24 hours before _____ or anything so it was business as usual for me.

Thanks for your replies.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your cistern is properly sealed it won't have mosquitoes hatching in it, will it? It seems to me you ought not have to treat your cistern water, because it shouldn't be open.

Or is this one of those Cancun things like spraying for cockroaches instead of sealing off your sewer openings thereby keeping them from getting out in the first place...?

Or am I being too American about these things?

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drink up TJ, drink up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice