Demolition Progress And Renovation Progress. Reports, Pics And Videos

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxy9203

Galaxy9203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great to see that we all feel the same way about seeing this. Feels like a part of us is being torn down as well. It is true that we all always have the memories from the past, and can't wait to add some new ones once the construction is finished! Cheers to the future!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    A couple more videos were posted today. These were taken by hotel staff, not me so the quality is a little poor since I had to download them from Facebook in compressed format and upload to youtube.

This was about midday and they were just about to break through to Paty O's. There's a second heavy machine standing by which will presumably soon be at work too.

Here's a tour of how the inside of the hotel currently looks

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  3. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Keep the videos coming Steve, I have to admit the last video walking through TTR did bring a tear to our eyes.
    D&T

Sent Using Tapatalk

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Wow, the tour of the inside, just wow.

I know this was meant to highlight the demolition but I really, really enjoyed the "walk-through" portion of it all. I have been to Temptation five times in the past 2 years and never recorded a walk-through of the resort. Not that I *could* for obvious reasons, but, wow, it was so nice to see the paths from the Quiet Pool to the Sports Pool to El Embarcadero and all points in between. It's so nice to reminisce and say to myself, "That's where the epic foam parties were!", "That's the palapa where we took evening naps under the stars!", "That's the side of the buffet where they made those awesome omelettes!"

It's only been a month-and-a-half since we visited, but I'm "homesick" already.

5. Donna & Tim

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Nice to see this as a sticky now, thanks Steve
    T

6. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Tough to watch those vids I have to admit since there were SO many amazing memories that took place there. Told April about the vids and she said she didnt want to watch them and see TTR going down..shes also very concerned about the resident cats we would feed on our many trips. Keep the vids coming, gonna be cool to see that new building rise up from that rumble

7. jimnloli

jimnloli Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Very Excellent! Thank you for sharing! When my favorite dive bar got tore down I got a bar stool. When the local drive through liquor store got tore down I got a neon display. I was thinking, I wish I could have got a BBG / Temptation souvenir! I think I'da liked the sculpture out front but I'da settled for the swing by the sexy pool bar. Can anybody think of a momento they'd like to have had from the old place?

8. Harleycpl

Harleycpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Wow, fantastic pics and videos Steve. Thanks for sharing!

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Once the demo is done, mark the time on that y'all. I mean, all the demo, all the way done, against the start time Steve put above. I'm just curious about the time it takes to take down a hotel vs. put a new one back up.

10. Donna & Tim

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Going back up doesn't take long either, seeing its going to be a multi story tall building I assume it will be steel frame. I would imagine at this point there is a pile of steel being prefabbed and sitting close by ready to be assembled.

T

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice