Democrat voters are more educated?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Nov 9, 2012.

1. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    b

I think your assumptions are a bit off....religous people by definition are gullible and honestly do tend to be less intelligent. In the US the evangelicals, morman types, and conservative catholics are a very large demographic and they largely control the base of the republican party so it is correct to see this rather ignorant group as having a large influence over the Republicans. This is a constant source of grief to those of us who are more Libertarian on social issues but have a rational view of economics. HOWEVER, the religous segments of the Democrat base are every bit as stupid...perhaps even more so. Democrats just don't get called out as often for their stupidy...re: the only member of congress dumb enough to think Guam is going to tip over is a Democrat. In addition, while segments of the Republican party may hold rather ignorant views on race, I remind you that many overt racists like Al Sharpton and friends are Democrats. Again, the term 'racist' is usually only thrown at some demographics and excused in others.

Gay rights is another issue. Those who hold bigoted, and honestly, childish views on gay folks .......and sex in general ....tend to be religous. So to the extend that a party has religous ignorants in it's mist it will be subject to backward thinking on social issues.

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I really do agree with much of what you are saying. The Republican Party, at least at the grass roots level, has been hijacked by the extreme right. Their efforts to nominate Rick Santorum inidicate just how far out they went. For anyone to get the nomination, they had to appease that group. It didn't register with them that Santorum couldn't have gotten elected. Romney had to win over that segment to get nominated which gave Obama's handlers the chance to paint Romney in any color they wanted.

On the other side of the aisle, the Democratic voter seems like they will always vote the straight party line no matter who the candidate is. If we address the lack of intelligence of voters then let's look at the unions that flock to vote Democrat when union membership is declining faster than ever. How about the Black community that still votes for Democrats when they are being destroyed from within by the give away policies of the Democratic Party.

Are we doomed? In the short term I would say no, but in the long term we may very well be. Obama won't give up anything on entitlements and you can only raise taxes so much on those that work. Something has to give and I don't see anyone out there with either the brains or, perhaps more importantly the ability to get elected, the will power to change things.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I don't think I made any assumptions, just asked a few questions (which no one answered).

Granted, I already had an opinion on my answer but was mainly posting something for people to ponder on and consider why turkeys always vote for Christmas:)

4. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We have to stop relying on elected politicians to fix/solve the problems brought about by elected politicians...
    Remember -
    "one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    We must never forget...

5. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    yep....the very idea of a Rick Santorum, and his Taliban Lite supporters, should make anyone who values freedom shake their heads at what has happened to the party that once valued individual freedoms.

The sad part is the Democrats are so out of touch with fiscal reality they may be an even bigger danger to the health of the nation

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I think Bobby Jindal and perhaps a few others will try to right the ship. I really hope so, because we can't keep on with the spend and spend methods of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. Most of the American population is what I would call gullible or at a minimum, ignorant. People tend to believe what they want to believe. After all, over half the voting population believes that we can just keep spending. As long as they continue to get their checks, they don't care about deficits. After all, we can always tax the rich....the problem is how one defines "rich!"

7. yucatan

yucatan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Detroit, St. Louis...no wait. That's the top murder cities run by Democrats...

8. yucatan

yucatan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Google "Obama Voters' and watch the youtubes. Pretty typical cross section of his supporters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice