Democrat voters are more educated?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Nov 9, 2012.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

You just got my vote!!!!

2. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    your emotional babble doesn't make the statement less true. Religous people are less educated. Scientists are far more likely to be atheists then the general public because ....well. they are smarter than most.

The DECISION to base one's life on faith over reason is by definition a less intelligent decision than the opposite.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Whenever you make any broad generalities that try to pigeonhole one group or another, you have just established a belief in one prejudice or another. You are assuming that anyone who may define themselves as "religious" as some sort of creationist who defies all scientific logic. Many may consider themselves religious just based on their treatment of others rather than within the realm of some stated church. My "emotional babble" as you put it was based on the broad generality that is just plain prejudicial.

Sorry if that hurt your feelings, but over the years I get put off by statements that tend to broad brush any one group as being inferior in any way to any other group. One of the beauties of TTR is that most of us who go there tend to be very non-judgmental. That particular quality is what draws many of us to the resort and to others who go there.

4. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, but am making 2 more anyway :D

As the title states, Democrat voters are more educated... It would be nice to see the stats breaking it out by something more defined, such as University grads, Master degrees, etc... Based on the commercials I've seen during a "Maury - I'm not sure who your daddy is" episode and learning what the minimum requirements are for being accepting to and graduating from a college program, as well as some of the benefits handed out to entice attendance and what type of clientele they target - I wouldn't "pigeon-hole" the College degree group as a whole as more educated.

My 2nd statement - TTR fans have more fun than College Students.

on a side note - I left the religion comment at the top of the thread - I felt it stayed on-side as an opinion with some relevance to the topic - that if one political party was considered more intelligent based on Fox News research, a similar comparison could be made based on a religious belief. However, a pretty pie chart for backup would of been nice... and in my mind, I changed under educated for less educated, not that it's much better, but... It's a fine line, I trust we can all stay on-side.

Personally, with all the religious support groups and programs, I thought it be the opposite.

5. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Waste,

Jumping back into the educational bandwagon, the comment may be true about education, but I would think that we would need to do as you have suggested and probably define what that means exactly. I can see that there may be some validity in Steve's original post. When you look at the number of PhD's who are college professors and who vote overwhelmingly for the Democratic Party, then I could see how that would skew the stats. Based on my own experience, I would say that most small business owners tend to have at most a bachelor's degree, and many have no degrees. As a group, they tend to vote mostly Republican.

Whenever we try to come up with generalities I'm reminded of an old expression...."All generalities, including this one, are untrue."

6. funcpl27

Ratings:
    +917 / 16

basing one's life on faith in demonstrable untruths is by definition less intelligent. It is no more 'judgemental' than saying the earth is not flat to someone who insists it is. Lack of intelligence is lack of intelligence. Dressing it in religous mumbo jumbo or 'faith speak' doesnt change this. Democrats who are religous are no more intelligent than Republicans. The original post was that Democrats are more educated....This is only true because of the religous takeover of the Republican Party base...I assure you that the religous segments of the Democratic party are no more educated.

7. funcpl27

Ratings:
    +917 / 16

8. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

9. bigsexy&misssexy2012

bigsexy&misssexy2012 Shot Opus & Toga Fan Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    Here is where I weigh in - Most religious institutions prey on the undereducated. it's saddening that also the religions on the upswing in the US are those that have the most radical views, as an example those two morons you yourself mentioned earlier. The Repubs this year received significantly lower percentages of ALL minority votes. If that trend continues the repubs will go the way of the whigs - broken up and flipped into another party. We could also talk about the 47%, but Romney said it all himself.
    the REALITY is that Obama is the president for the next four years, and no matter what sour grapes are out there thats whats its gonna be. we survived bush, youll survive obama.

feel free to start the big sexy bashing now, bring it its all good.

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    No Bashing required! We're all friends on here even if we don't always agree on politics, religion or the color of the sky.

My point about the comments related to those who are religious or put themselves out as being religious are related only to the use of generalities to describe one group or another. Personally I really don't give a rat's posterior if someone is religious, agnostic, or an atheist. I get bothered by generalities used to describe any group. That was my rub.

I agree that the election is over and we will go on. However, there are a lot of things that both sides of the aisle need to change and hopefully someone will emerge that is willing to change things. I think we need to cut spending and increase taxes.

One of the problems that I see is that there is a huge effort in this country by those in power to create a "them or us" mentality. If you are going to raise taxes, then by all means raise them the most on those that can afford it the most, but also raise it across the board. In spite of the rhetoric out of Washington, we are all in this together. Rich or poor, black or white, Anglo or Hispanic, really doesn't matter. We are a nation and continuing to divide this nation is not helping anyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice