Delayed Opening

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches' started by Fredmgill, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Hawkeyecpl

Hawkeyecpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0
    Yesterday my booking agent was finally able to get through. I was given the option to rebook for the same price (excluding February and andly holidays). The caveat is that I have to rebook by Oct 27th. Today I received the same email everyone else got saying I was being canceled (though I still needed to cancel since I booked 3rd party) and would get a voucher for 2 free nights. Haven't done either yet. The cancelation gives us way more flexibility but rebooking is tempting because we got such a crazy low price originally.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. alnann

alnann Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We are having lots of trouble receiving cancellation information from Temptation. I advise anyone do not book directly through them. The said they cancelled our airline. We just found out this was never done! They have only refunded us a small portion of our deposit. I repeat. Do not book through Temptation!

3. alnann

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I would advise you to get out while you can. They are unreliable and it will cost you more!

4. kaymal33

kaymal33 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 0
    Ditto for us. We couldn’t change our flights though so we are partying at Riu Republica & Melia Carribe instead.

5. Tim and Sarah

Tim and Sarah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    We just cancelled... no communication from the resort... not taking my chances.

6. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    We did get the same thing. How’s the party at Riu?
    We’d like to save the hassle of switching everything so looking for another place where we can party as hard

7. alnann

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    You won't get your money back. If you try to book something else with them, it will cost you double what it would otherwise. We had to forfeit our vacation to them.

8. nlrobert

nlrobert Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    We are scheduled for a trip to Temptation Miches Feb 9-15. We are traveling with some friends (2 other couples). I'm hearing from a few people that they do not believe the resort will be ready for opening until at least March. We are strongly considering cancelling now. We did not book our flights through Temptation, so we can adjust them as needed without much hassle. Anyone have any additional insights on the rumors of a much longer delayed opening until March? We really want to go to the new resort, but at this point it seems like they have a lot of work to do and even if they do open, we are worried that it will be like the Deathstar and only partially functioning.

9. Valex

Valex Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is a new post video from a construction operator .. shows a little hope for opening soon
    Link below . Hope this helps to take your decision on cancel or wait a little.

10. Анжела72

Анжела72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    Thank you for posting this. The Hotel website shows No Availability for reservations until January 13th. We are getting no answers from Original Group as we are reserved for TMR 12/31 and TGR 1/3 - 1/8. We haven't decided to cancel yet but if we don't hear any updates soon we will cancel. Very disappointed in how Original Group has handled this situation...more communication is better than NO communication.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice