Delayed Opening

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches' started by Fredmgill, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Fredmgill

Fredmgill Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    Thanks for that info. I called resort again today, spoke with a different person, at least I got an honest answer. The resort will not be opened by the 1st week of November. He said it may not happen until January. Hope he is wrong, pissing off a lot of people. I will say, although I am not an Original Premier member, I have been to TTR in Cancun about 14 times, and I am very disappointed in the company. We have changed our plans and are heading to Catalonia Royal Tulum.

2. GoodTimeHunt3r

GoodTimeHunt3r Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read elsewhere that members being diverted to Cancun Temptations are bumping non-members that have already paid? Has anyone experienced this?

3. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With the delays of construction and then hurricane hitting the island being delayed shouldn't be a surprise.
    They don't have control over the damage it did to the resort. Think of position they are in, losing a lot of money and disappointing people for something they cannot control.
    I just got back from TTR and talked to JJ. He just got back recently from DR and confirmed there is alot of damage that needs to be repaired before opening.

4. Dee_N_Cee

Dee_N_Cee Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I think the anger is less to do with why and more with how they have handled it. Being told the day of your flight that your hotel won’t be open is ridiculous. I’m angry and we aren’t even part of the chaos, just watching from the sidelines.

5. Teeka Jake

Teeka Jake Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I have heard some not even knowing till arrival and getting on the bus (those that don't use the groups)

6. joefun

joefun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We are going Nov 2-8 and I’ve been calling to see if it’s canceled but can’t get a answer. It’s no big deal if it is but I would like to know.

7. erinandscott

erinandscott Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    We were booked for 11-4 thru 11-10 but cancelled today because after being transferred several times, my wife and I both calling, and a 45 min wait they told us there was no confirmed opening date. We were committed on our air travel and leave from work, so we couldn’t risk waiting until the last minute. The guy I finally talked to was helpful, but you could tell the rest of the customer service people with both Temptation and Premier were groomed on what they could say and not say.

8. alnann

alnann Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We've been notified and received various unworthy information from them. We finally cancelled. Not sure if we'll get airfare back. Were told we would get a refund but we are very, very disappointed and probably will be looking to go somewhere in March but not here for sure. Let us know how you make out.

9. Fredmgill

Fredmgill Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    We got our official notice yesterday. We already changed plans and are going to Tulum. Glad we didn't cancel, they say they will be issuing a refund and a 2 free night voucher. We will consider it next year. Was pleasantly surprised that switching flights this late was not an issue and rates were reasonable.

10. erinandscott

erinandscott Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    We are also getting full refund and a 2 night voucher for our trouble.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice