December 2012 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Waco2, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Waco2

Waco2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This won't be a novel, just some highlights. I apologize in advance if I forget anyone. Jessica and I made our 2nd trip to Temptation December 19-23. 2nd trip of 2012 actually. No issues with our flight or with USA Transfers. Private sedan, well worth the $. Arrived and left from a different terminal then prior trips, so that was a little different. Seems like it was terminal 2 this time. Not sure. There was almost no gauntlet of time share people at this terminal and no margarita stand outside.

Did online early check in with the hotel. Not really sure if it matters. We were a little worried as the hotels website said the hotel was sold out on the 20th and 21st, but had no issues getting checked in quickly and had a great ocean front room. A smile, a tip and not complaining at the front desk goes a long way. Check in was fast and simple. We were there about 3 hours before check in time, but our room was ready anyway. Only complaints about check in would be having to stand next to the crowd of obnoxious guys from New York and Jersey that were checking the same time. No offense to New York or Jersey. Just these 4 guys were rude to the staff and acted liked they owned the place from the minute they walked in the door. Hadn't even finished checking in when we met Rashad (R-Diesel) from Cancuncare.

Met some crazy guys later that day, Ron and William. They are def. the life of the party while they are there. NEVER a dull moment around Ron. If you know them, you know what I am talking about. From taking out his fake eye, to eating at the breakfast at the buffet in nothing but his mostly closed robe.

Food seemed better this trip. Buffet was good, Italian was great like last time. Sexy coffee show was much shorter, but still a must. Stripper show was great like last time. The guy who got pulled on stage this time didn't get stripped as bare as Norm did in July.

Rained on Thursday, so that put a little damper on the pool. The sexy pool is not heated, so even at 80 degrees, the water is chilly. Pool contests were there and always entertaining.

Staff was great as always. Bartenders work their asses off. A little tip and gratitude will get you treated well the entire trip. Don't forget the housekeepers.

Made it to Market 28 and La Isla mall. Took several long walks along the main road outside the hotel. Seemed like the steakhouse across the street has gone out of business.

Wind was crazy on Friday and Saturday, so the water activities were closed. So no jet skis, etc. We were supposed to take the yacht out Saturday, but the hotel wouldn't let it go out due the water conditions. Based on our days we missed the Boobs Cruise again. :( Didn't do too many touristy things this time. Just wanted to relax and enjoy some sunshine in December.

Not as crazy of a trip in some ways as it was in July. But there were very few dull moments. Missed our friends from Nakify July and those nights at Paty'Os and the 3am swims in the sports pool.

Will post some pics in an album ASAP.

Def our place in Cancun. Can't see us staying anywhere else when its just us visiting. Bringing 3 kids....thats a diff story. And clearly less grown up fun.

2. SD_Couple

SD_Couple Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    Glad you guys had a good time. Sure the humidity wasn't as bad as July. Wish we could check it out some other months, but for now we will stick to July.

That other guy got off easy. I will say for as embarrased as i was when the stippers pulled me on the stage it is a lasting memory. I will just hang out in the back next time. LOL

3. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    The steakhouse across the street closed down? That sucks, I really enjoyed the times I ate there!

4. KenNJoyce

KenNJoyce I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    wow... and it was a good deal compared to the Brazilian steakhouses here in Baltimore. Thanks for taking the time to write a TR...

5. tiogamike

tiogamike Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Thanks for taking the time, very nice trip report. Sorry you had to deal with some of the A-holes from our area. We know the type all to well.

Just like the saying goes, you can put a dress on a pig but its still an ass!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice