Day trips from TTR to DRM

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by RnJ, Jan 24, 2018.

1. RnJ

RnJ Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    We’ve heard that DRM is now allowing day passes. Has anyone utilized a day pass from Temptation to Desire Riviera Maya? If so, what is the cost/time/transfer vehicle information?

2. SimpleRegret

SimpleRegret Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Curious about this as well. Also what if you’re a member?

3. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    The only day passes that are available are: - if you are already staying as a guest at one of the Desire properties, you can pay for a day pass to visit the other property.
    This doesn't extend to TTR since it is not a Desire sister property.

ie:
    A) you have to be a paying guest at Desire Pearl then you can purchase a day pass to visit Desire RM + plus of course you taxi costs to get there and back
    B) you have to be a paying guest at Desire RM then you can purchase a day pass to visit Desire Pearl + plus of course you taxi costs to get there and back

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Not typical. But I know people that have said they would do the presentation for a day pass and that has worked. I have also heard of it not working though. So I guess it depends how desperate they are for someone to take the tour/presentation.

Since you already bought in on your last trip I would go to the premier desk and say last trip you became members and were told on your next trip you would be given a complimentary day pass to check out Desire. I think that may work. No guarantees. Worth trying

5. SimpleRegret

SimpleRegret Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Kyle, will try that one

6. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    Kyle - even if successful it's going to cost around $100 usd in taxi fares total ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Do you not think it is worth it? Like you I would just book a couple nights but I get it that some just want to try it for as short as possible to see if it is a fit.

8. Cokewithlime

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    Personally, IMHO, I don't think a day pass for a couple of hours gives any sense of what any resort(even TTR) is really like - as you know most of what goes on at Desire is just beginning to start when you would have to leave ;) But if all you want to do is shuck your clothes and party in the pool and ocean nude who am I to question how you spend your $100 on taxi fares.

9. RicknAmanda

RicknAmanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    We did it in 2015. TTR to Pearl. Had to pay for the day pass, sit through the time share speech, and then pay for transportation. We didn’t get done with the time share presentation till after 10am or so. Had to leave by I think 6pm. It was fun because we had met a couple at TTR that was at Pearl the day we went. Other than that, we’d have kinda felt out of place only being there for a few hours.

It did help us make a decision to book RM for three nights this year though. So maybe it was worth it in the long run.

10. T&J

T&J Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    We went on a day pass for free as members this past trip (Dec 27 - Jan 4th). You just have to arrange your own transportation. We went as a group of 6 and paid USA Transfer $65 (I think) roundtrip. Your day pass expires at 6pm, unlike the ones you could pay for and stay until 2am.

Cheers....;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice