Day trip to Cozumel;looking for Coz message board please

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cindyinmpls, Jan 15, 2009.

1. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are meeting friends who are cruising and taking a day trip to Coz to meet up with them.
    Want to go to a beach club; been to Chakanabb several times so somewhere different.
    Hard to get "real" answers.
    All adults going. Looking for "sand" vs rocky beach.
    IF anyone can assist or has a good message board it is appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Cindy

2. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much.

4. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    beach club

Last time we went to Coz we spent many days at Nachi Cocom (sp?) beach club. It's owned by Casa Del Mar Hotel but we ran into alot of cruisers there too.

The beach is very wide and they have a large pool with swim up bar, restaurant, showers and lockers. Palapas and loungers too.

You can also walk down the beach to Mr. Sanchos.

Jimmy

5. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
  6. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I like the looks of Nachi Cocom but possibly considering another beach club. My fear of the other one (Playa Mia) is it is so large; it does not appear to be a place to have a tropical beach day.
    I saw Mr. Sanchos too, right next to Nachi Cocom right?

7. waterbug

waterbug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Besides what to do in Cozumel.
    Can anyone tell me how to get to Cozumel???

We will be at the Golden Parnassus in April and one of the other couples went to Cozumel for a day while on a cruise. They really loved the island and would like to go back while in Cancun. We would realy rather not rent a vehicle.

Where do you catch a ferry to Cozumel?? how much?? times??

Also, how do you get to the ferry terminal?? bus?? taxi?? how much??

8. jayg

jayg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    to get to coz, catch a #1 bus on the ocean side of the hotel zone (65cents US but you must pay with mexican money). this bus will turn right when you get to centro (downtown). get off at mcdonalds and go south (right) to the crosswalk which is a hump in the road. cross the road(tulum) and go to the left to the white ado bus building. catch a bus to playa del carmen ($3.60 us or 36 pesos) at playa you'll have no problem finding the ferry. i think the ferry was $11 us each way. i enjoyed taking local bus rides on coz. jayg

9. waterbug

waterbug Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK, sounds easy enough, thanks for the info.

One more question. Is there a schedule the bus follow from downtown. Is it every hour, half hour, etc. Also, how long of bus ride is it to the ferry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice