Day pass trip report

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Dec 23, 2013.

1. mik6

mik6 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope the party starts by the end of January. My wife is more of a follower than a leader when it comes to topless.

2. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    We plan on giving the resort at least one year with the new concept before we consider trying it. Like Steve said, you can't just flip the switch! It will take some time before it reaches it's full potential. I'm looking forward to seeing where it is headed!

Dawn

3. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Dawn, I know what you're saying...so I think those of us CCC people who have committed are just going to have to take a solemn pledge to pave the way.

I have faith that Ready2Party and iowa farmers will bring their A games in February and get some mischief going for us, right? :wave:

Once one brave trailblazer gets things going, it's amazing how quickly other people will join in.

--Laura

4. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    PROMISE! and KS coupe and Western Iowa Traveler b4 we arrive. :cheerleaders:

5. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    we will be "interviewing" a couple in a few days for our trip ..lol

6. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0

We promise to help start and participate in as mush mischief as possible! We are certain that iowa farmers will help just as much!

7. Jojo306

Jojo306 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How I experienced the pool during the day was, yes the pool was full sun, however you needed to be in the pool all day as there were only maybe 8loungers around the pool that were occupied by 7am. The other 2 or 4 loungers around the pool that were empty were because they were in the shade closest to the building. I tried moving them around, closer to the sushi bar where the other 8 loungers were and where the sun was, however the secutity gave me shit and said i couldnt move them, so back in the pool we went, So our only choice was to sit in the pool ALL day or go to the beach if we wanted out if the pool. I agree though, the food was quite poor, and we aren't picky eaters at all. Breakfast was disappointing as I didn't think you can get a bad breakfast! Went to the Moroccan restaurant however, after reviewing the menu, we went and had sushi instead, which was great by the way!
    The entertainment that day was weak with only a salsa lesson that wasn't announced, and a pool game that was the exact same as what they do at family resorts, with children as the participants. Maybe 4 people participated, however, Again, not announced either.
    From my understanding in a weeks time, there will be more guidance in the activities and new staff will be arriving, hopefully they have experience in adult hotels!

8. Bun-n-Beav

Bun-n-Beav Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Thanks for the pool comments...personally, I don't mind a little shade but there are some in our group who are concerned about how much sun the pool area at GOV gets...loungers shouldn't be an issue for us either as we are "water babies" :)

9. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The sun doesn't hit the main pool until after 11:30 AM. The resort's southern most beach gets sun starting at 10 AM. Both get full sun until dark.

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    So are you saying there are only 12 lounges around the pool? How is that possible. If true that would definitely be a recommended change to help to get the party happening around the main pool instead of people spread out all over the beach!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice