Dan's TR with pics

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Cancun_bound, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All the pics are here: http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/cancun_bound/Cancun 2008/

Vids are here: http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/cancun_bound/Cancun 2008 Video/

Day 1
    Flew out of St. Louis and arrived in Dallas with no problems. Had a slight delay out of Dallas and had to circle Cancun a few times before landing. Immigration and Customs took a while, but Ryan and I finally managed to get through and find Brant’s driver and we were on our way. Pulled up to the Avalon Grand to find Dennis standing at the top of the steps awaiting our arrival. Before we even got in the door, Henry showed up. Check-in was a breeze and we dumped our things in our room, grabbed dinner with Henry while Dennis went shopping for some clothes, and headed for Slices.

Got to Slices and found Jason, Andrew, Greta, Riki, Trigger, and more already partying. Nice to see the guys again and finally meet Greta. Dennis finally joined us and the night was on. Spent the night going between Slices and either Congo Bar or Dos Equis Bar – I don’t remember. Andrew made a lady friend. We’ll now call him “pancake.” See the video. Ran into Jessie and Kelly on the street at one point. All in all, a great first night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2
    Woke up feeling great. Ryan and I grabbed some breakfast and headed out to the pool. A quick shower came through, but the sun came out quickly. Fell asleep in the sun and got nicely burned. Found Dennis and spent the day around the pool.

Headed to Slices for the night and found the crew there already partying. Finally got to meet Joe and Shauny. After awhile, the group spread out to different places. Ryan and I partied it up at Slices and never got beyond there. Another good night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 3
    Pretty uneventful. Dennis, Ryan, and I spent the day around the pool beveraging. We decided to stay in at the hotel that night for Mexican night. The Avalon Grand put on a helluva buffet and a nice show. Drank at the hotel for the night and packed it in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 4
    The Corona girls showed up at our pool so we hung out there all day. Ryan and Dennis competed in the belly flop contest. See the video for Dennis’ “attempt” at a belly flop. Ryan proceeded to get beat in an iron man contest by a Texan three times his size because he couldn’t chug a beer – the Cancun virgin was disappointing us. Played a rough game of basketball in the pool and then headed up for a quick nap and to get ready for the CC Party.

Grabbed dinner and headed for Carlos & Charlie’s. Good to see Steve and Janet again and to finally meet the infamous Fletch who was, in fact, present in Cancun. Steve and Janet didn’t disappoint and put on another great party. A big thank you to them!!! Mayhem ensued and the CC Crew was the life of the place. Fletch and I owned the side stage and made fools of ourselves. Dennis found some hair at one point. It was awesome partying with all of you again and some for the first time. As the party broke up, we ran into a group of people from Illinois that lived minutes from me – small world. Partied at Slices for awhile with John. Ryan couldn’t keep up with the big dogs and crapped out on us, so Dennis and I went to Slices with the Illinois group. Partied it up there for awhile before Dennis and I hit up Taco Factory and then called it a night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 5
    Felt rough when I got up, but ready for more. Ryan decided to hang out at the hotel, so Dennis and I headed for Pat O’Brien’s for hurricanes. We found Greta and nobody else. Greta and I proceeded to have hurricanes while Dennis nursed a bloody mary. We paid our check and headed over to Margaritaville for our free drink. Of course, we ordered more drinks and ended up having the volcano nachos (damn good). Greta, Dennis, and I put a dollar up on the ceiling at Margaritaville in honor of CC and those who didn’t show that afternoon. We eventually parted ways and headed back to our hotel where I grabbed a nap and shower before heading back out to Slices.

We grabbed Ryan and headed for Slices where we met up with Greta, Cindy, Charmaine, and Nicky. Ryan ended up at Slices late into the night while Dennis, Charmaine, Cindy, and I headed out to Basic.

[​IMG]

Day 6
    Ryan could barely move after his night, so Dennis and I headed for the Oasis to meet up with the CC Crew. The vodka was free-flowing. Spent the afternoon drinking it up with the CC Crew and got convinced by Andrew to join in on the Booze Cruise. Dennis and I bought our tickets and jumped on the bus with everyone else to head for the docks at the old Fat Tuesday’s. Dennis grabbed a six pack for the wait in line. We eventually got on the boat and double fisted Tequila Sunrises. Docked at Isla Murejes, hit the buffet selectively, and partied it up around the stage with the CC Crew. Kept the vodka flowing while watching Joe increase his legendary status. Got back on the boat and made the trip back to the mainland. Parted ways with Andrew, Shauny, Joe, BC, Tips, and the rest. Headed back for the hotel where I crapped out after a day of vodka and Dennis headed back out to Slices.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 7
    Got up early, rolled Ryan out of bed, packed our stuff, and headed down to check-out. Brant’s service was a little early and got us off to the airport with no problems. Met up with Dennis at the airport and grabbed lunch before he boarded his plane. Ryan and I waited a little longer before we boarded our plane and were off for home. A smooth trip all the way back to Illinois.

Another great year in the books. A blast seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Can’t wait to do it again next year!

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report. The newb couldn't catch up to the pros, huh?

3. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG Dan...I think you may obtain a front running nomination of the best shitfaced pic so far. LOL!!!!!

Great Report man. I didnt know anyone took pics during the Booze cruise.LOL!

4. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The newbie couldn't run with the big dogs.

5. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There were a few nights where my face told the story LOL. I think I got pics of everything.

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    amateurs

7. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh dan your tr is like soooooo good, i look so bad in the pic tho hahahahahaha

8. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :evil: :evil:

9. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    whats wrong fletch?????

10. Jlow511

Jlow511 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pics and TR man thanks for sharing. Was also good meeting you down there though I only vaguely remember it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice