Daniella's first day at school **PICS**

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We had a Jack Russel like that when I was a kid, every year when it came to taking him to the vets for his annual shots and check up we'd put his lead on, go for a walk, but as soon as we deviated from the normal route and turn the corner to face the vets he'd slam the anchors on and throw a wobbler. I suppose it was the thought of someone sticking a finger up his ass and a needle in his neck that did it...... good memory that dog had, couldnt count in any language but memory like an elephant. :lol: :lol:

Anyhows, I digress.

Great pictures Steve and good to see her adapting to school.

Ian :lol: :lol:

PS. Before anyof the 'PC ' brigade try and jump down my throat I am in no way comparing Danniella to a Jack Russell, ok .... ( our Jack Russell would have just looked stupid in that dress :lol: :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh Steve! Look how much she has grown since just this last summer! wOw! she is going to be a heart breaker! soo soo cute !

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Well, we met with the school on Friday and after chatting it over have decided to take her out of school for the time being by mutual consent.

After almost two weeks of trying she was still so terrified (crying and shaking the whole time) of being away from us that we decided she might end up with a phobia for life if we continued taking her each day.

We have no problem with the school, in fact they were great about everything and it's still where we want her to attend. But I think she needs a little more time and a few more months of age before we try again.

I think also as we are not really a 'conventional family' (both Mum and Dad are in the house all day, not out working) the separation issue is a little tougher as she's never had to experience it on a daily basis.

We have an orientation month in March, every Wednesday for 2 hours a day with us both present. Hopefully that will give her a more gentle introduction.

Looks like we have another "first day at school" to look forward to.

4. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    You have to do what's best for her. You are right since you are both home all day that she would be very scared being seperated from you for that long even if it's only for a few hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice