Daniella starts school Monday **Pics Added**

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 30, 2007.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hated school right through High School, then went out west and lived in the mountains for 5 years, got sick of being poor, went to school for Land Surveying and enjoyed it. I needed a tutor to get to speed with my math. But ended up enjoying the math too.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I miss living in the mountains...I don't miss studying math...

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Day 3 was much better for her, Dani cried but not as much - she was also scared in the car on the way there as she knows where she is going now. Even though she was better, she still wouldn't get involved with any of the activities, today they were doing a class on taste and smell.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It will be old hat for her before long. She'll make a little friend or two, and be more interactive and for the most part forget that being dropped off in the a.m. used to be a sad scary affair. All my kiddies have been going to "school" for over a year (the girls for most of their short lives--day care), and have shed no more tears during this routine except when they wake up on the wrong side of the bed some times.

5. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope today was better for her, and the two of you too.... The pics are still too precious.. Keep us posted lol... So sweet.

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks Greta. Things were better today Dani didnt cry that much and got involved by helping tidy things up at the end of the class. She waved goodbye to her teacher too which is a good sign of some kind of trust developing.

Tomorrow is a bigger test as Dani will be there for 2 and a half hours instead of an hour and a quarter.

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is precious, Steve.

Ya know what'd be even more precious???

More pictures!!!!!

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks :) I think once she's settled more then we'll get some nice pics, at the moment it's very much a case of handing her over to the teacher while she's scared and unhappy, and making a quick getaway. Doesnt make for a good photo.

Today, being Monday, we arrived as the whole school (under 4's) were at assembly parading the Mexican flag and singing the school song. Now that would make a great picture!

9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like hearing about Daniela's adventures. Thank you Steve!

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're more than welcome... That's good that she's starting to adapt to her surroundings.. I knew she would, she just needed time... She'll be drawing pictures, and laughing before you know it.....

I am also looking forward to the future pictures.. Can't wait.. The flag one will be so cute too...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice