Daniella starts school Monday **Pics Added**

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Beautiful little girl, Steve... :)

2. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cute pictures!! I am sure it was much harder on you then your daughter for that first day. :)

3. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know it's out of character for me to say this......but she is a cute kid!

4. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Oh Steve! She gets more beautiful everytime we see her. She will get more comfortable with time... Hope to see you all soon...

Debbie and George

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awww, Steve and Jannet, she looks precious! Sorry to hear about the tears, she will get better! Took Max a few days too.

Congrats little school girl!

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks for the kind comments all. Day 2 was not much better, she gladly put her uniform on again and wanted her bag and teddy before setting off.

Once we got there she realised "Oh No this is the horrible place we went to yesterday" and the tears flowed again. Hopefully she'll soon realise that we are coming back to pick her up again and haven't abandoned her.

Day 3 tomorrow!

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure it's as tough for you and Jannet to elave her as it is for her to see you leave.

I think lots of kids go through this when they first start school. I'm sure she'll make friends and be loving it in no time.

8. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going to school can be quite traumatic for kids. I can recall my first few days of school as if they happened yesterday. HATED IT! After a while I grew to understand that it was simply something I had to do regardless and I accepted it. Never really grew to ever like school tho........

An I still can't figure out why in the world algebra was a required class. I have yet to use any of that crap in my 43 years on this earth!

Michelle

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't remember my first day but my mother sure does she told me I did everthing in my power not to go. A friend? told me the teacher was a wicked witch and would be horrible, no wonder I didnt want to go. My mom would put me in the car and go around to her side to leave and I would jump out and run to the basement and hide. She finally drug me through her side of the car and got me to school. The teacher was not the wicked witch either. I never liked school though. The parking lot is the only thing that I enjoyed about school.

Although now I do use the algebra, learned that when I had to for my profession. Land Surveying.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use my algebra classes. And I use what I learned in my statistics class too, though I remember sitting in that class and thinking I would never need to know anything about statistics.

I loved school the first day, my mother cried, but I ran into the building...

Then reality set in and by high school I hated school.

And then I went to college early (at 16) and started loving school again.

If I could stay in school full time now I would, beats the crap out of the real world imho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice