Daniella starts school Monday **Pics Added**

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 30, 2007.

1. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, what mixed emotions you and Jannet must have. It's hard to see your little ones grow up, but it's satisfying at the same time. If you have posted recent pics, I missed them. Would you post some pics of her soon Steve? I'd love to see the little sweetie!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks all :lol:

We went to the school again today, after classes, to meet with the teacher.

The class she is joining have already been together for 6 months, so joining is not a given (I now find out :? ). We need to see that both Dani accepts the other kids and they accept her, either that or wait until September for the next intake. In which case we'll find another school, but hope we dont have to.

She's the youngest in her class (which makes a difference at her age) and her principal language is English rather than the other kids Spanish which both worry me slightly on the integration issue.

We were advised not to splash out on the uniform until she's "accepted" although we have a borrowed uniform for her to wear on Tuesday (Monday is a school holiday I've now discovered).

Fingers crossed all goes well.

For Terri, I havent posted any pics for a while. Here she is at her second birthday party (Dec 9 2006) wearing the fairy dress my Mum bought over from England:

[​IMG]

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely precious, Steve!

I wouldn't worry so much about the language issue...in my experience with the daycare at school, little ones her age have NO problem adjusting. Especially if there's a very established routine to the day, you'll find her coming home and using Spanish words very quickly.

This has been what I've seen when little ones go to school not speaking any English...they're fluent much faster than their mommies who study English with me!

4. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh Steve, she is absolutely precious! She's getting so big! I can see you and Jannet both in her.

Thanks for posting!! :D

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - At her age being the youngest may make it a little tougher for her to adjust socially. But if she does adjust then I think being younger is an advantage, especially when the kid is smart. In my experience the older kids who are smart get bored in school, while the younger ones are challenged to keep up and so do better.

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking Britanica too, especially since I can then walk there to pick up Zara afterwards.

But they have to wear a UNIFORM????? That's just NUTS!

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know of any school in Cancun where they don't wear uniforms.

8. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For kids under 2 years old, that's just nuts!

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe so, but since Britannica goes all the way up through high school, it makes sense that they want the appearance of the students to be, well, uniform.

I guess it's either get the child uniformed up or not send the tyke to school!

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep. Home schooling, here we come.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice