Daniella starts school Monday **Pics Added**

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Dani has really developed in the last few weeks, learning lots of new words every day in both Spanish and English, she's also becoming much more interactive and it's clear she's keen to learn.

We've chosen Colegio Britanico just off Nader, we went today, had a good look round and saw the kids being taught and then a parents interview. Dani will be having English and Spanish classes daily as well as art, music, sports and dancing. Rates are pretty reasonable imho and she starts next Monday 8-12, 5 days a week.

It's weird for me, in England proper schooling doesnt start until 5 yrs old.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Steve in the UK kids start pre school at 2 1/2 yrs and the Govt give payment vouchers to all families with children that age.

Then they start "BIG SCHOOL" at 4 .Evan was 4yrs one week.

Im sure Dani will have a fab time and it will be great for her and an adjustment period for you two.Enjoy your free time and enjoy all those moments she comes home and has learned something new.

Good Luck to the whole family.
    Love
    Tracey
    x

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Must admit Tracey, I'm way behind on the UK schooling system, since it's toooo long a time since I went and we never had a child of our own there, you'll know more on this than me with your Ev.

My twin nephew and niece (3 1/2) go to nursery in the UK, but somehow I imagine them being "looked after" while parents are at work rather than sitting at desks being "taught" two languages.

Like I say I'm probably wrong - I have no experience of this in the UK, but to me it seems kind of early and I dont know whether to have that proud Daddy first day at school feeling, or wait until big school ... but I think I will next Monday :wink:

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My daughter started in a pre-school in the US at 20 months I think. And she loved it from the first minute. The place was called "Make a Mess and Make Believe" and the kids called it "make a mess and don't clean it up"! She was there until she was 6 and went to 1st grade.

Congrats Steve! Enjoy the peace and quiet at home... I'm sure Daniela will do great. And I've heard very good things about that school.

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Steve will she wear a uniform? If so pls take photos - I still cry when I see my babies first day at school photos. Prepare to be emotional.
    Love
    Tracey
    x
    ps. Evans pre school taught him French 2 days a week - shame it wasn't Spanish.!

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great Steve, she's just going to love it! (They grow up too fast don't they?)

Soon she and Max will be doing their homework together. :D

7. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We started Camila at 100% english (head start) at 14 months... She was so tiny but, we were having John Paul and Mom needed a few hours a day with John Paul...

The first 3-4 weeks were horrible for me as I was the one that dropped her off and she cried terribly... But, i found out that as soon as I was gone she quit crying...

She loves her school and her teacher Miss Lupita. She even named a doll after Miss Lupita... Enjoy the time but, one important thing always be on time to pick her up!!!

8. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Madison is 9 and has been in school for 8 years. 4 Years in Mi Segundo Hogar and 4 in Monteverde She still loves school and never has wanted to miss for any reason.

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder if Monday will be a bigger day for Daniela or for Steve and Janet!

I'm guessing the latter. Enjoy and make sure you have lots of pictures for us!

10. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats, Steve! It will definitely be a bigger day for you and Janet. Daniella will forget, not you.

Mine started school at about 2 also, I still have the emotion... and the pictures. I recently dove into the pictures' boxes to take them out and bring them to them when I go to France in a few weeks. They were very happy, and developped and learned everything fast.

:D :D :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice