Daaamn!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EnglishButler, Feb 19, 2008.

1. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nah it will never ever take off there. how much money has been pumped into it and no ones really that interested seen more as a womens game!

The only sports they would like of ours in rugby if it got exposure and that would never be aloud to take off as nfl would crush the threat with its money :lol:

[media=youtube]4SV_Jah19V4[/media] jacksonville axemen rlfc dont look of a bad standard though really"!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    umm................not likely. No one can stand it! I respect it, but football, baseball, and basketball will never be overtaken! Not in the states.

3. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I said the same thing here about 10 years ago when we all knew soccer as wog-ball, and only the europeans played it here. Soccer is actually mainstream here now, all in 10 years! I hated it but don't anymore. We all thought nothing could ever overtake AFL (aussie rules) rugby and cricket, but at grass roots (beginners) level it's the equal most popular sport with AFL now.

4. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aussie games are brilliant. Watched some of the Newcastle Jets game at the weekend.

5. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    they have tried and tried and tried here in the USA, and it fails everytime! Bringing Beckham over is a prime example. He has fans, but for the most part the sport gets laughed at and made fun of! Its just too damn boring! Hasnt taken off in the past...........wont take off in the future, just like hockey. :lol:

6. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah we actually have a decent league now, not the old NSL that kinda had single nationality teams and was full of race violence onfield as a result.

7. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's funny because the people over here who don't like NFL say that's boring and takes too long!!! :lol:

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    And I can see their point! Goes both ways, we didnt grow up playing or watching it so our opinions on it aren't very good lol

9. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you serious that "its boring" what! have you watched a game?.... Come on!

American football is stop start all the time
    Baseball is a snorefest come on!!!

atleast football(soccer) is non stop

10. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I dont mind watching soccer every now and again, but its just a lot of running and no scoring for the most part. I am just giving you my opinion. There are soccer fans here, just not many! What may work over there just doesn't work over here. But there is a reason the Super Bowl is the most watched sporting event of all time! :wink: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice