Current Canadian Exchange Rate At The Hotel?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Matt_Di, Jan 29, 2020.

1. brent&kells

brent&kells I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    I think everyone can pretty much agree that the typical standard for a round of drinks is $1usd....if using pesos, that would be a 20 peso bill (1.06 usd)

I fully respect what you are saying, but to your point, that 1420 pesos is 71x20peso bills. So as someone from canada who has to choose if i want to convert to usd or pesos. I feel that having 4 less tips to provide (75 usd tips vs 71 peso tips) impacts me much less than the benefit to the bartender who is getting $0.06 more and that's before they have to go and convert that $1usd which creates an even bigger gap.

If I lived in the usa I would most certainly use usd myself too. But, since I have to convert it anyways, personally I find the benefits to the employee outweigh the drawbacks for me.

Like u mentioned too though, its each person's call what they do. And in the end I think the fact that we are all discussing the best way to tip, rather than whether or not we should speaks volumes to how and why we are all so awesome, which is what makes Temptation such a great place to go

Cheers

2. Matt_Di

Matt_Di Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I appreciate all the feedback from everyone, but this is our 8th trip to Cancun so I'm aware of the places that offer "lower" exchange like the hotel. What I'm really looking for is the actual exchange that's being offered right now so I know if its worth the convenience of exchanging at the hotel or if I should do it beforehand. We've found some trip its pretty competitive while others its not even close. I assume its in the 13.5 per dollar range but was hoping someone could confirm that.

That said, we appreciate everyone's thoughts!

3. RedSkiBums

RedSkiBums Guru Registered Member

Some town in the hinterland of BC, Canada
    Ratings:
    +1,415 / 8
    Peso bills are waterproof, in the smaller denominations anyway (20p, 50p), so keeping the afternoon's worth of tip money in a guy's swim shorts pocket is a bonus. For the ladies, currency storage when in the pool remains a mystery. ;)

4. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    Yes I knew the owner does that because he’s Canadian. We don’t always come direct and have just made a habit of not worrying about it. The service is worth it anyways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice