Culture in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Sep 21, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    For those who may be looking for something to do on a Saturday night, there's a guitarist playing at 8 PM, at one of the branches of the Casa de la Cultura, who comes highly recommended. Afterwards, for those who enjoy knocking back a few beers, there is a hamburger place nearby that is very good, and charges just 15 pesos per Mexican beer.

Well, this is culture, Cancun style....

Cultura en Cancún for more details of what's happening in Cancun, tonight.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The guitarist, and group he plays with, were exceptionally good.

An audience of about 80 very appreciative people were in attendance at the open air amphitheater behind the Casa de Cultura on Av Tulum. It appeared to me that they knew of his reputation, and vigorously applauded and cheered every part of the performance. At the conclusion, it appeared the cheering and clapping would never end, and the group stayed to play another half hour, much to the crowds delight.

The program was mixed, with many different genres of music represented.

3. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    you should put up a map for the innitiates.

The only casa de cultura that comes up in google isn't actually on tulum av???

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zfIBsvcWZZjQ.kWvoKWhD7PKg

is it

Instituto Para la Cultura y las Artes del Municipio Benito Juárez --- this place has peter pan and two other shows on.. :)

Is the place you are talking about just one block from tulum ave.. like the huge place just going opposite to the grocery store I think mega on the other side of the ado station?

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sorry, Canukcun, this is a new branch of the Casa de la Cultura. (There may now be as many as three.) It is on Av Tulum, across from La Quinta Inn.

Thanks for trying to clarify that.

I used to think there was nothing going on in Cancun City: now I know there is more going on than any one person could possibly take advantage of. My own university has more programs than I can take in, and that's just the beginning, here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice