Cubs in 2009, can't resist this one

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Bart/Annette, Jun 29, 2009.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hmmmmmm

I think they go up 2-0 tonight.

2. Angie

Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like Gonzo :)

3. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this was the kick in the ass the Yankees needed. they will come back tonite.

4. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol:

5. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know what happened tonite w/ the game?? GONZO? ANGIE? :wink:

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awfully quiet around this part of the board :lol:

I predicted AJ would have a monster game and boy did he ever. Not exactly the level as Cliff Lee was, but that type of performance is rarely duplicated esp in the post season.

7. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    man, when i was watching that game 1, i thought i was Beckett in the 03 WS all over again!!!

8. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Phils did just what they wanted a split in NY. :wink:

Right Angie! :D

Hey didnt the Phils win the regular season series against the yankee$ :?: :?: :?:

9. Angie

Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I didn't come on here an brag when we won game 1 - just figured I'd wait and see how the series goes. I expected the Yankees to win last night - I truly didn't think they would lose 2 at home. The good thing for the Phillies - they are coming home for 3 games and that's all we need to win :) Plus I'll be at game 5 - that's enough encouragement for anyone to win...ha ha ha. But then again - how great would it be to see the Phillies win the WS in the yankees new home - LOL.....I love that thought also. Partying and celebrating the Phills win in the brand new Yankee stadium :)

10. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL believe me..... Im not bragging!!!! just glad we got last nites game. Hey, ive been sayin, I dont like how the papers here in NY had the Yankees winning without them playing a game. ppl here think they are winning just because they are they Yankees! They have forgotten what happened the last 9 years. I havent.
    however, I still think they are a better team then the Phillies, but like I said, the Phils are defending champs and in the WS for a reason.

and yes, the Phils did win the season series this year 2-1 and I even think they swept the yanks last time they played last year or the year before. but cmon, you know that means absolutely nothing in october. playoff baseball is completely different then the regular season and the Yankees as well as the Phils are 2 different teams then when they played back in June or July.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice