Crown Paradise Club ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. calcoast

calcoast Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was tripadvisor, we've stayed at palace resorts in the past and they had very hard beds also, I'm sure its all over, I think my main concern is the people getting items stolen from the rooms and the mangement not taking care of the patrons.... oh well, hopefully we have a better experience, we never had any problems at the other resorts. I was just wondering when you were there last... thanks for your reply.....

2. night-mair

night-mair Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any updates

Hi, does anyone have any updates on the facilities at CPC? We've received no correspondence from First Choice informing of anything closed. Anyone know e-mail address for CPC? 21 days to go and am a bit apprehensive because I've read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor - not good at all. :lol:

3. listerrose

listerrose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: any updates

DITTO - received our tickets yesterday without a word about any problems. There is a number for the Fist Choice Office in Cancun, detailed in the little pack, for if there are any problems during the time over there. I will call them tonight and see what I can find out. Will update tomorrow.

4. calcoast

calcoast Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know the teens club is still closed, I think the palapa resturant is open now, it was being repaired. that's all I know. I've been reading stuff from tripadvisor, unable to get any email for this hotel....

5. striker157

striker157 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Being there in April and reading recent reviews it does not appear they are moving too quickly to get the place back to 100%. I had a good time the week I was there and it was my second stay but I could honestly say I will probably go elsewhere next year. There was something missing about the place and it appears the new management is at fault. If you are looking to party at night, forget it the place dies around 11 pm. We found the place to be quite boring in the evening and even my children were bored. The game room is very limited and most machines that take your quarters are old. The mini golf was closed in the evening and the kids could not even get a basketball to play with. I also have read many complaints about rooms but I can honestly say both of our rooms were fine. The food was OK at the buffet but you could tell the Head Chef has left. The few restaraunts that were open were average at best. Just remember when you go this resort is a 3 star (not five like advertised). Don't expect alot of luxury and be prepared for alot of children running around. If you can get by this and concentrate on the beautiful beach you will be fine. If not then drink some find Tequila!

6. listerrose

listerrose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: any updates

Apologies for the delay in posting this, seems all is OK and open at the hotel (with the exception of a few rooms still being worked on) this came from the travel agent rep in Cancun. Here's to a great trip!

7. calcoast

calcoast Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just returned from cpc

we just came home today 7/6/06 this is a 3 star for sure, lots of family with kids, esp 12 and under(because they are free) teens slide open and they work on teen area every day, it's hot and humid so they move slower now, sun all day, we had one day of 15 minute hard rain and wind, then gone sunny all week. we walked to the end of hotel zone,(about 4 miles) and found some great sea shells and whole sand dollars, the water is not as clear as years ago, the sand is great at hotel, we can tell how much the area has changed since hurricane. the hotel was great for kids, pool had entertainment all day. got loud with music, adult pool was nice and relaxing with swim up bar, 20 cabanas at beach get up early to get a spot. we noticed that more people are showing up because all rooms are open. palapa food was great waynes boot took 1/12 hour for food to arrive after we ordered, but they give bread and have enterainment while we wait. kids club was wonderful, show at 9:00 great new show every night. fish resturant food was good, my kids loved the popcorn shrimp. never made mexican or french resturant...(you need dress shoes for french) outside snack bar great for quick lunch. ocean and pool water warm indoor pool cooler, great after hot day. my 17yr old got bored at night, but not us we great time, the rooms can use a mold/ mildew cleaner and I did see one cockroach in my room, he's dead now no worry's, floors slippery be careful and you'll be fine front desk seemed nicer than other post. the time share people are in front of mexican rest. just tell them that you went and they stop bugging you. However, they do give you a list of times and activities (info) of the hotel that's hepful, just say no after they give you the flyer. music lounge for kids with adult bar and pool tables with a window so you can see kids dance (Traflegar bar) more mellow bar no waiting for drinks, we never waited long, bar tenders quick, we did tip and they remember your drink for refill. pool side bar maid getting your drinks, tip her too and she'll be back with another. sushi bar slow, only one girl (jazmine)but nice sushi rolls to snack on at lunch. ocean bar served beer and sodas empty all the time great for a quick drink while on the beach. so much more to say, ask and I will respond back...........

8. lizmon

lizmon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    crown paradise

Thank you for you positive up date! Our family has been there 3 times with last July being the last time, we are going to stay again the day after christmas this year. I have to admit i have read very negative things about the CP, we have always had such a great time our boys are 9 and 11. I am so nervous i have NEVER seen a cockaroach here or in mexico that is so gross. I know the staff is completly different we will miss the regulars!!! Please if you have any other info you can e mail us also. Is the main guy there hes skinny with long hair and wears a feather i cannot believe i forgot his name he was in charge of the out side staff and activities. Thank you again for your post!!!

9. calcoast

calcoast Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: crown paradise

I pm you hope you got it,
    we were at this hotel for 10 days, we had a blast a little hot and humid but tis the season, the pool was great ocean was warm and indoor pool was nice and cool.....the kids club is sooo cute. I think we are going to see alot of negitive reviews only because alot of people never experianced Mexico, trust me I know mexico, I've been to Tiajuana and rosa rita and Acapulco, cancun had a masive hurricane and they have some problems, every one must remember that Mexico is a whole other culture, you will see things you don't see in the states, you've been their before, you know the routine, you'll have a blast, don't listen to the bad reviews, I've been to beach palace and cancun palace, cpc has more to offer and was great for an all inclusive.... have fun........ :lol: :D

10. lizmon

lizmon Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    crown paradise

Thank you so much for your reply :D . Yes i also got the pm one too, thank you and yes you are so right about Mexico they have been tru alot i hope this summer will be different for them. We love it there it is so great to be together as a family for a week without a phone and all the other hustle and bustle LOL.Have a great day :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice