Criticisms

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Geee and all these years I thought that the Quite pool was for those that didn't want the party during the day but still wanted the fun at night...

I'm going to have to go over there some day and see what the hell is going on! :)

Jamie

2. Valentina-Concept Manager

Valentina-Concept Manager Grand Oasis Viva Management Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Acctually we already thought about it and could be a solution

3. PDXladies

PDXladies Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Fantastic!!!
    Thank you for all you do and for putting up with us all ;)
    I personally could never be in a customer service position, I just don't have the patience for it.

~Shawna

4. Liv & Ren

Liv & Ren Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    "The relaxed pool idea is going to alienate a lot of potential guests, to be sure. Some will stay away for that reason alone. But there are others, like us, who are looking more for a Desire or Cap d'Agde sort of vibe during the day. Something for those who don't feel like having to start drinking at 9am to feel like we're part of the party. A place where the energy of the day ramps up slowly into the late afternoon, and then transitions to a decent nightlife. We're also a bit tired of the TTR schtick around the pool."

Yes, yes. Tired of the schtick. I'm glad GOV doesn't want to be another Spring Break for adults. If we decide to change our reservations from GOV, which I doubt we will, it will not be to stand around in the slimy sheen at TTR. We would make our maiden voyage to Desire. As of now, still looking forward to GOV in May.

5. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    We are a group of 66 going to TTR this april n we get rowdy during the day more or as much as we do at night. N really we don't pay attention to the activities by the pool. Seen it all too many times n it doesn't interest. Some of you wanna relax during the day n i think GOV is gonna be great for you guys. WE DON"T ALL LIKE THE SAME THINGS. I personally would have loved to have an alternative to TTR (n say what u want that's what they claimed to be at first, that's why they hired Valentina n Sarah69 both were at TTR). But i personally go on vacations to party every minute that i can. I've been to relaxing resorts n its just not my thing

6. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    The best part of this entire dilemma is that we now have choices! We think that's fabulous!

7. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    and hopefully lower prices and less bumping and renovated rooms :)

8. Brian & Audrey

Brian & Audrey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0
    I really hope that this is the change you make! There is complaints about every hotel in the world and I try not to let them sway me one way or the other! That being said we go to Mexico every year sometimes 3 times a year and we do that to let loose and have a good time not have staff put us to bed early by shutting everything down including the lights. We are coming to GOV in June with a big group and will have fun no matter what I just hope we can get drinks after 1! Kudos to you and Sarah69 for working so hard to please or try to please everyone you guys are doing a fantastic job! I personally love Sarah69 and I am so excited to try something new and get to see her at the same time!
    :lotsofmichaelfs::usa1:

9. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Group of 66. Nice number how could it not be fun ;)

The beauty of being with your wife since high school we love the quiet times at pool bar chatting to the bartender getting to know them. It's a nice break from the day to relax We really love that and can have just as much fun if just us two. Enjoy your vacation as I know we will enjoy ours.

10. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I've been to TTR four times, and 75 percent of the trips were fantastic. The other was kind of boring: only one CCC theme night, with about 4 couples participating; two days' pool games cancelled because the staff--despite hours of circling the pool trying--couldn't get anyone off their chairs; and we went to bed early twice because Paty'O's wasn't very interesting.

So, it really struck me when I read Valentina's (honest and much appreciated!) comment that a relaxed atmosphere is what the owners want:

TTR's owners don't promote body shots; guests start them.

TTR doesn't supply alcohol infused whipped cream; we bring it from home.

TTR has lingerie, red, and white themes; we arrange schoolgirl and white shirt and glow sticks and uniform (and we always pack extra stuff, knowing we'll meet newbies who want to join in).

TTR only has an hour of official entertainment at the pool each day; the other 10 hours are all our unofficial shenanigans.

TTR doesn't allow skinny dipping; I won't even admit how many times we've done it.

TTR's owners don't get the party going. In fact, these are the same people that have tightened up security to ridiculous levels at times. Likewise, GOV's owners only set the tone to a small degree. Like any other resort, the overall vibe will be set by the particular combination of guests who wind up there at that particular time.

Anyway, that realization was kind of reassuring to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice