Criticisms

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Jan 29, 2014.

1. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We will volunteer to take a room near the nightclub If that is the reason it is closing early We wouldn't be in bed that early anyway. Seems like a reasonable option would be to ask people upon check in if that area suits their vacation plans

Anyway. Thanks for your post.

2. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Valentina, Sarah69 & other staff members do have a tough job right now.......no doubt about it. Hopefully they continue to push forward and see some results. Good to hear the foam party is now a weekly event and that they're working on extending the Coyote Bar closing time. On a more positive note, we are happy to see the majority of the reviews on the hotel, beach, location & staff are generally good. We're keeping our fingers crossed hoping the warmer weather and a bit more time will bring a more upbeat party scene. There's a good population of CCC members going in February..........enough to generate a good party vibe and show the others what fun they could be a part of.

Valentina & Sarah.........keep it up and see you in March.

3. PDXladies

PDXladies Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    A suggestion to some of the criticism. Not sure which thread to put this, but this seemed ok.

My $.02 is in regards to coyote bar. I am pleased to see that GOV is working towards solving the situation there. A suggestion I might make would be to keep the bar open, but not necessarily blast the music. I would be pleased to have an open bar with no music rather than no music and no bar. This might help with the rooms too close to the bar situation.
    I realize that there is red tape in regards to keeping the booze flowing after 1am, but this could be an option once that is solved. I know that TTR stops music but continues to serve. This is an area where taking a note from them might be fruitful.

4. bigman curt

bigman curt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Always remember one thing. You get what you pay for..I used to have fun at bbg and TTR years ago.. We stayed at live aqau and had the topless great food and gteat room and great drink......the trip was seven thousand and well worth it. Anywhere in cancun is fun and you could make a party at

5. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    Those of you going in the near future should read Valentina's post n listen. THE OWNER wants it to be a relaxing resort. Not a party from morning til the wee hours. Don't go thinking a few of you together will change all that cause your reviews will be ones of disappointment as well. Too bad cause i wanted an alternative to TTR but they're clearly telling us that is not what they wanna be.

6. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks for coming in here and posting. Really.

At some point, GOV will just have to put it out there and let people know what's going on with the resort, and let the chips fall where they may. Just be up front with people. No one is expecting GOV to be all things to all people. I think it's the lack of factual information that exists is what's frustrating people the most, although I don't want to speak for anyone else.

The relaxed pool idea is going to alienate a lot of potential guests, to be sure. Some will stay away for that reason alone. But there are others, like us, who are looking more for a Desire or Cap d'Agde sort of vibe during the day. Something for those who don't feel like having to start drinking at 9am to feel like we're part of the party. A place where the energy of the day ramps up slowly into the late afternoon, and then transitions to a decent nightlife. We're also a bit tired of the TTR schtick around the pool. We don't mind if that's not there, but we were hoping for a bit more of an upscale atmosphere that is still actually fun.

When we have all of the facts, we can decide for ourselves if GOV is a good fit for us. At this point it's still rather difficult to ascertain.

7. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    What I am hearing is that they don't want to be a xerox copy of TTR! And we don't want them to be either. There is much that we love about TTR but the activities around the pool..........with people yelling in the mic all afternoon have gotten old for us. That's why we like Desire so much...........very sexy atmosphere without all the screaming! From what we've read on here and heard from GOV........that's more the atmosphere they are trying to create..........except topless optional rather than clothing optional.

Disclaimer: We could be wrong! LOL

8. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    perfect!

9. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I get a bit of a kick from the TTR die hards. I guess it's true you only see what you want to see. During the day at the pool. 75% of the time its just people laying on chairs chatting or people in the pool mingling having drinks. With a few competitions thrown in like iron man and women to make up the other 25 %

Not sure it would be that hard to copy the 75% that is just having a good time in the pool with a few laughs a long the way

Not trying to say anything negative about TTR it is a fun time just not so sure it's a wild as some like to claim it is

Let's try to make our own fun at gov and for everyone there that will be relaxing a bit during the day at the beach or pool to the others who will be at swim up bar having drinks.

Night time at gov we will learn what is the best option for having the best time. Since none of us have been there it's impossible to say what that is going to be yet.

10. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Agreed and well put. This is what we were hoping for as well. We realize it may not suit everyone's tastes, but then those people still have the option of TTR.

Certainly no one would say Desire is boring, even though it's not a non-stop piss-up from sun up until the early morning hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice