Criticisms

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not sure quite what happened yesterday on the GOV Facebook group, I was out on the Boobs Cruise all day and wasn't online. That was Facebook but the same thing applies here on cancuncare.

There was a thread on Facebook that had over 30 comments that I saw briefly this morning but has now been deleted. Only Jannet, I or the person who started the thread can delete a thread, and neither Jannet or I deleted it.

Basically from what I recall from my brief view of the thread was it mentioned bad trip reports on cancuncare and criticised Sara69. As a result Sarah69 left the Facebook group and wont post any more there, which is a sad thing.

Please guys, I understand that GOV is not living up to pre-expected expectations at the moment. Give it time and hopefully it will. But please do not blame any particular single person like Sarah or Valentina or we will lose their valuable contributions.

I heard from Sarah that someone recently went up to her and tried to rip her bikini top off to 'help get the party started' Temptation style. That's not acceptable at all and she was very upset about it.

I also read in the Facebook thread (that was deleted) that someone criticised me for misleading people. My 'job' is to report facts and provide information. I report what I know from what I am told and my own experiences. I am not paid to do so. If what I post doesn't happen it's not down to me, I provide the info in good faith.

I have repeatedly said that GOV is not another Temptation, nor does it want to be. I have always said give it 6 months to find its own identity. If it doesn't work out then so be it, but please do not criticise individuals who take the time to engage with people online with in the know info - that pisses me off big time.

2. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    One reason this site has credibility is because you don't push or sell anything on anyone. Not sure how anyone could say that. Just our opinion anyway.

As for trying to rip someone's top off.... touching anyone like that without permission is completely out of order. But, it doesn't surprise us. We've seen a lot of that brand of stupidity over the years.

3. jayk59101

jayk59101 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't follow the facebook group, get the majority of my info here, admittedly I have became skeptical of my decision to book GOV due to the recent negative reviews. Management initially seemed very visible here on CCC promoting the property and after the negative reviews have been barely visible at all...gives one the impression of talk is cheap... hopefully they are seeing what is bothering guests and instead of posting about it here are implementing plans to correct what is irritating past guests so as to not continue to irritate future guests. Never the less it would be comforting to see management acknowledging the posts and giving people insight as to what plans are in place to rectify the situation. The restaurant reservation system is severly flawed, who wants to get up at the crack of dawn to stand in a line for hours to eat (maybe) Having the lites turned off at 1am and no bar/food available at nite is in my opinion there way of saying this day of your vacation is over... go to bed. I chose this property because it was promoted as a hip alternative to TTR and being first timers to an AI atmosphere that compelled me to book here as I thought well it will be potentially risqué/flirty/fun and not the spring break type of animal house I've read TTR is... sounded perfect. A nice resort with lovely beach and upgraded rooms yadda yadda yadda.... Then the negative reviews come pouring in, GOV management is seemingly gone, no acknowledgement or explanation as to how why when any of these problems are going to be addressed, and the frustrating part of it is the complaints all seem to be relatively easy to fix.

As for the animal who approached sara that is just uncalled for and should consider himself lucky he didn't spend the rest of his vacation sucking his dinner thru a straw.

Thanks steve and all involved who contribute to this forum, I enjoy reading and interacting with the people here daily..... will be at GOV in roughly 2 weeks and am going to arrive with a healthy attitude and make the best of it, maybe and hopefully it will meet the expectations I had for the place when we booked in Jan.

4. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    You'd figure Sarah69 would have thicker skin n wouldn't let what people say get to her as much. Alot of us as seen her post on facebook last week bitching about the bad reviews GOV was getting. Instead of trying to explain what was going on n making positives comments she just bitched about the reviewers. Now someone trying to take her top off is a total different story n not cool, but you're working at a resort which so far have clearly not lived up to what it said it would be. What do expect?

5. Parrot61

Parrot61 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked because we wanted the hip adult atmosphere. We enjoy clothing optional resorts in Jamaica and booked primarily because the resort said it was topless. We got there and on most days my wife and a few ladies near the quite pool were the only ones topless. In fact one day Sarah put the hard sell on my wife to dance the stripper pole because she was the only one topless. Made my wife feel uncomfortable. By the looks that my wife got it was obvious that they need more signs advertising that they are topless friendly. Those signs also need to say "no Photography" and the resort needs to take that seriously and enforce it. Most people do not want to go home and find themselves on the web doing something that they don't normally do at home.

My suggestion to get the topless theme going would be to place many signs around the quite pool "topless/no photography", heat the pool and place 3 times as many chairs around it.

Respect,

6. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    I have to agree with Dan on this one. While you may not have seen the posts on Facebook, Steve, I did. I believe it started as one big misunderstanding. I don't know if it was a language translation thing, or if she was having a bad day, or what. But it appeared like she took criticisms of the resort awfully personally. I notice that most of her comments have since been deleted.. perhaps she took them down after realizing how poorly she was representing her employer. Instead of trying her best to calm fears people have over these bad reviews, her reaction was to attack guests, which I found to be deplorable. I've tried to maintain an open mind about our upcoming trip in April, but Sara69's outburst has left a sour taste in our mouths and now we have some serious buyers remorse. Thank God we only booked 3 days there and the remainder of our trip at TTR. If it wasn't for the fact it is a non-adjustable booking, we would have ditched the idea of going to GOV entirely. And that falls squarely on her. Temper tantrums like the one she displayed for the whole world to see have very real consequences. We haven't even set foot in the place yet, but I feel confident we won't be back after our visit in April.

On a separate note, that one guest's actions by untying Sara's bikini top was obviously unacceptable. Equally as unacceptable is her pressuring guests (including Kelsey) into doing embarrassing activities they didn't want to do, nor had any idea of what the activities entailed. It seems that no means no, unless it's Sara69 asking. In which case, that doesn't seem to matter.

7. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I read the thread and never thought anyone was blaming you Steve. I didnt even think the lady was being very negative, just asking questions. I personally thought Sara got way too offended, way too quick. I hate that she is gone but was rather rude whether she was just having a bad day or what, I have no idea. But nothing lead me to believe anyone was blaming you. You only posted what you had been told. No one can blame you for that.

8. travelingd

travelingd Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also read this and my opinion was she was disappointed not really about that post but overall posts. From people she has known for long time. I don't know who or whT was said on them. She was sad they were complaining so much. I said in the post. Everyone it's vacation let's have a good time. It was going upbeat and then more neg comments about resort that was the last I read

9. bigman curt

bigman curt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey people if you dont like what you are hearing in reviews or management dont go there. No one is forcing you to do anything.

10. heidiho1128

heidiho1128 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    This is a shame for you Steve as well as Sara. I feel badly for you both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice