Crime in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sharibaby67, Feb 4, 2009.

1. nausetn

nausetn Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband, son (age 16) and I just returned from our 10th trip to Cancun. We stayed as usual in the Fiesta American Cancun Villas. Feb 13-20, 2009. We did not see any crime, murders, kidnappings etc. We walked all over the place (including downtown) without any issues whatsoever. The weather was sunny every day with the average temperature between 83 and 86. I think it started raining when we were on the plane. If you are smart and do not try to do illegal things are act up, you should have NO problems at all other than having a fabulous time with an exchange rate (14.2 while we were there) that was the best in recent history.

2. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL. . .that's the truth.

Actually we endanger ourselves waaaaaay more with our own excesses than from some outside source. That's why we go :)

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've said it before...tourists who come here are in danger of getting hangovers and sunburns...those are the things to worry about here...

Wear a hat when you go wandering around...drink plenty of water...don't over-do it on the cheapo booze the resorts give you.

And don't swim drunk! And don't forget to take your heart meds or whatever you are on.

The tourists who die here die from drowning (swimming drunk or fighting undertow), from heart attacks and once in a while from getting drunk and falling off a balcony. There are also some car accidents that kill tourists here once in a while.

4. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it's funny how gringos will go to CancĂșn, eat food they've never eaten before. . .lots of it at all hours, drink tequila and chase it with lots of beer, do the shots from the girls in the clubs with the whistles and holsters full of bottles of who knows what that stuff is, lay out all hours of the night, fall asleep on the beach and get burnt, drink more tequila, and then when they get sick about that second or third day. . . .they blame the water???????

5. rfootball09

rfootball09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stay in a group and avoid going anywhere alone. Do not take the taxi alone. I did that one night going home from a club and was pickpocketed. I lost my watch.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I always take the bus unless I have no other option, and I am rarely alone! Woman more than men need to stay in groups, but for the most part cancuns hotel zone is completely safe!! I feel very comfortable there at all hours!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice