Cozumel for the day?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by siki00, Apr 4, 2007.

1. siki00

siki00 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello again,

Is it worth the trip to Cozumel for one day? It seems like a long day. As stated in my previous post we do love to snorkel. We would also like to see other sights there too. We are planning on renting a car for a few days, so we would probably just drive to Playa Del Carmen and jump on the ferry. How much is the ferry? How often does it run?

Any other advice on a day trip to Cozumel is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Michelle

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ferries to Coz run every half hour. The cost is about $20 usd round trip. The trip is about half an hour.

If you leave your car in Playa you need to make sure to leave it somewhere safe, when I go to Coz I either bring my car on the (other) ferry or take the bus to Playa and then the ferry.

3. VivaCancun!

VivaCancun! Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm planning on doing a day trip to Cozumel also. I'd love to hear any stories people might have about Cozumel. :D

4. Bubba

Bubba Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,
    Just got back friday..........stayed in Cancun but took day trips to cozumel, isla mujeres, and the ruins. The trip to cozumel was well worth it (even though it took us longer than expected to get there). We left our hotel at around 8:00, took the buss to the main buss station, then took the "big" buss to Playa (which was like a tour buss with air con and movies). When we reached Playa the ferries were leaving every hour and the cost was $10.00 one way. All said and done, it took us about 2.5 hours to get there. We dropped off my buddy to scubba (well worth it according to him) and Bubba and his mistresses rented mopeds and toured the island. What a freakin' blast that was! Bartering with the locals, hitting the east side, and just screwing around! Ate some faboulus food and had a blast. We regretted not being able to spend more time there. We also spent some time in the open market at Playa on the return trip............well worth it to if you like to people watch and shop. If you have your own rig I would recomend leaving early so that you can have the whole day to explore. If we were to do it again, we would even consider staying the night. Hope this helped!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice