Covid Test

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mikef, Jan 6, 2022.

1. mikef

mikef Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Let me start with……. I am not sick or showing any signs of Covid. I am still worried about testing for our US return flight. You never know. I can not be stuck here for ten days. Does anyone know a test facility that I can pay a little extra to ensure a negative test? Thank you.

2. Randall A.

Randall A. Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    We were told by our travel agent that she heard, and only heard that a negative test could happen if you slip a little tip under the table if you know what I mean. She suggested not testing at the resort but somewhere around the resort, maybe across the street, and suggested the PCR test. Said the quick test at the resort may sometimes give a false positives. You should be able to find somewhere that can give a negative test result. It is going to be bad for business if a lot of people start testing positive and I'm sure they don't want that to happen. We are in the same boat. We did purchase insurance but don't want to have to stay an extra 10 days. I told my wife it's funny how we must test to come back home but the Texas boarders are open allowing illegal's to come into our country with no test.

3. Berixo

Berixo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I guess you can try outside the resort area. The question is how it will be checked in the airport and country of arrival. I had already 3 vaccines and I still had to do PCR to be able to visit my parents at their Alinate property. Really silly, you do all the injections, tests and so on but still new type of COVID is being transfered to new countries... how? if everybody in the aiplanes has no virus according to papers?

4. Berixo

Berixo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Did you know that you can't go inside any restaurant if you don't have a Covid vaccine certificate? Literally they check it at the entrance of any cafe or restaurant. If you don't have it you have to seat outside and eat. You will be lucky if they have summer terraces open.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. MrandMrsjustferfun541

MrandMrsjustferfun541 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    A little trick we learned when we were in Cancun January 21, 3 people in the group tested positive for covid. Blew their noses and rubbed them raw, coated inside of nose with scented lotion.... WAH LAH 3 negative covid tests...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Karen Payne

Karen Payne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Is this in Cancun that you speak of???

7. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    Best advice I’ve heard yet! Thanks!

8. MrandMrsjustferfun541

MrandMrsjustferfun541 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Correction: January 22, was just last month

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice