Covid & Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TexasTech1980, Jul 18, 2020.

1. TexasTech1980

TexasTech1980 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Temptation has been open since June 1st. From what I have read, the resort is taking numerous precautions to protect its staff and guests. Does anyone know of anyone contracting while traveling to the resort? I personally am not worried, but others have raised concerns about "traveling to Mexico" so I am curious?

2. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    Use the search feature and type in COVID you find all you want.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Correction...open since June 10th.

It is hard to tell if anyone has contracted the virus while staying at TTR due to the range on the incubation period of supposedly 2-14 days depending on which “science” you prefer to believe.
    Yes, friends did get sick the day returning home and both were sick and recovered in 3-4 days. Got tested the day or two after returning home and it took 14 days to receive the positive result.
    By then, they were healed up and back to work!

For the locals (staff) it of course is/will be hard to tell if they got it from TTR as they go home too and live as normal lives as they can.

Since we did visit June 13-20, I can tell you that they are doing as good a job as can be done from the TTR perspective.
    Hey, us guests then do what we want.
    You cannot enforce social distancing, nor masks, etc. in the pool, on the beach, at Bash, nor anywhere else...especially in “private”.

We ourselves did a lot less hugging, sucking, and swapping spit than usual.
    Now, I’m saying a lot less, I did not say none.
    Our special people know who they are;)

See our trip report for some details...search FNT content.
    I warn you, it is long...think War and Peace long!
    I assume things are pretty much the same but have not come upon any detailed trip reports to date.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've heard of a few, no more than 20 in total

It sounds a lot but, if you consider the hotel has had maybe 6,000 people through their doors and typical Temptation interaction, it's quite small. I am sure if there was a big outbreak it would be all over Facebook. I've not heard of any major outbreaks at any hotel in the region.

A few of our friends who we hung out with have tested positive on their return. All are only experiencing mild symptoms, thankfully.

Jannet and I had a test a few days ago. Jannet was not very well earlier in the week, I have been fine. Our results were both negative.

5. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    We were there the last week of June. Never had a sense that anyone was likely to be exposed by TTR employees or the hotel operations. Airlines and Airports we found to be questionable. Wife is required to be tested by her employer and has been on Sick Leave for almost 3 weeks...can U say extended vacation ... while waiting for test results.
    We are confident that her test will show negative results but have been self Quarantine while waiting so we do not expose anyone if she did get a positive result.
    Had a great time, but spent a lot of time at the quiet pool while there. lol.

6. SwFlorida1

SwFlorida1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    Headed down next Saturday and looking for this to be the least social trip to Temptation ever. No fear whatsoever but just being as smart as we can be while still enjoying the trip we desperately need. We’re in Florida so anyplace seems safer than here. Looking forward to getting back there. It’s been way too long.

7. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    We were there the last week of June. Never had a sense that anyone was likely to be exposed by TTR employees or the hotel operations. Airlines and Airports we found to be questionable. Wife is required to be tested by her employer and has been on Sick Leave for almost 3 weeks...can U say extended vacation ... while waiting for test results.
    We are confident that her test will show negative results but have been self Quarantine while waiting so we do not expose anyone if she did get a positive result.
    Had a great time, but spent a lot of time at the quiet pool while there. lol.

Just to update: wife test came out Negative. So no problems for us...hope everyone will stay safe..

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    That's just funny...

.... and expected, actually.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Bob & Stacy

Bob & Stacy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +351 / 0
    I’m not afraid of Mexico. I’m afraid of 300 fellow Americans in the pool who are pretending that Covid doesn’t exist in their happy place. My husband already had covid. After seeing it in real life, I don’t want it. So, we cancelled our trip last week and rebooked for New Years when life will hopefully be back to normal.

• Like Like x 8
    • List
  10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I don’t think normal as we knew it will ever return.
    Kind of like my hairline!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice