Covid-19 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Tim and Sarah

Tim and Sarah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Yeah, Biden isn’t nearly as articulate as Trump! He should work in a covfefe, bigly, or maybe a yuge into his speeches!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. jandm012805

jandm012805 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    He’s a stable genius...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    Fuck the politics what's really going on? I challenge you to watch these Levin interviews with some smart guys. We have over reacted even if for noble goals. We will find our way back but not because we are in control. My money is on herd immunity. Vaccine is a long shot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    @Stacia_and_John ...John, got to meet that Mother of yours...lol!
    Now we all know where you got your attitude from;);)

Actually, Rayanne an RN for 20ish years and many many of our seasoned RN friends feel the exact same way.
    The millennial RNs not so much.
    I think it is an experience and generational attitude thing.

5. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    I think you are exactly right. This work at home session has taught a lot of large companies - even states like Michigan - that a lot of their work can be done by functioning, productive employees at home. The internet goes everywhere, and all the employees are still connected. Stephanie supervises an important tax group for the State, and even her office has managed to make the transition relatively smoothly. Managers of private companies have to be asking themselves why they need a huge building, expensive real estate, maintenance staff, parking lots, enormous liability insurance, and a thousand other ongoing expenses. The employees are perfectly willing to work from home, they face no daily gridlock or travel expense, and they even get a reduced rate on their car insurance for traveling less. I see no downside to it. If by chance you do need an onsite meeting, rent a room once a month.

6. shotgun

shotgun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2
    Biden may stumble on some words but he does speak truth. For me I want more truth and less BS. I do agree we need a dependable VP. Both are a lot older then I like. Eaither one of them could have a health problem anytime. Hope all are staying safe during these troubled time.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Now that was an interesting read. I feel dumb again.

Happens about twice a week. Not being terribly diplomatic, I've got no educated opinion about your last question. *shrug*

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Let's keep the Trump / Biden / Election debate to another thread please. Feel free to start one in Free For All if you like.

This is a more general thread about COVID-19 and how things progress from here.

9. Headstone

Headstone Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    My 10 cents (inflation based on all this lol)

I fully believe that there is a corona virus out there. But is it what is being said it is? I don't know if its the MSM to blame but there is so much conflicting evidence out there its really hard to get a grasp on.
    From watching media from many sources I think (my own theory) that there are actually 2 different things occurring right now. And that COVID19 is the cover for something else that is more malicious. Not to downplay CV19 which I do believe is causing some of this death.
    Firstly CV19 is related to the common cold and pneumonia (not the flu). In many reports the thing that is killing people is said to more resemble hypoxia (altitude sickness). Or as one Doctor put it: Taking a plane load of people to 30000 feet and slowly opening the door until they can't breathe. Pneumonia causes inflammation of the lungs and fluid build up. Totally different things. Why is this? I have also seen many reports that ventilators have little to no effect on many patients and some go as far to say they cause more harm in these cases (hypoxia). One doctor went as far to say that these peoples lungs and associated muscles are working fine (unlike pneumonia) and that their systems can no longer get enough oxygen.

Secondly is the infection rate:
    Interesting study in California the other day

Based on the test results, the study projects that the number of infections in Santa Clara County could be 50 to 85 times greater than the number of confirmed cases. In population terms, this means somewhere between 2.5% to 4% of Santa Clara County residents have been infected with the coronavirus.

Using these results the California mortality rate is between .071% and .042%

Canada would be between .08% and .048%
    NOT the 5-10% being stated now.
    So is it as bad as we are being told?

Thirdly: Self isolation or herd?
    (sorry the site sucks) https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...tPtFMNEOzDQKIPYzOktxRw4DHrACsAtDWF68qut1T3kQ7

A study that shows that CV19 follows the same trends no matter either

Now I don't have a tinfoil hat nor do I belong to the club but just the fact that (no politics please) Trump shut down air travel to China after only 1 death makes me think that something more is afoot. And even the way he shut down travel to Europe without a second thought. The outcry was huge when did both. What did they know then?

10. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    The original source for the article was an interview last week, then a news article: The end of exponential growth: The decline in the spread of coronavirus

Its an interesting read, but it’s worth noting his approach is really a mathematical one. This isn’t his field of expertise, and of course it’s not a peer reviewed paper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice