courtyard marriot and bringing meat into the states

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Nov 13, 2007.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just checked into the new Courtyard by Marriott. I am one of about ten guests. The rooms are nice modern and very clean. Seems to have some nice amenities for a limited service motel and they have a beach club at the Omni.

Anyone know if you can bring meat from mexico into the states? We are dying for arracherra.

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had to reply, not because I have anything useful to add, but because you made me laugh.

You know, just two days ago, I got REALLY whiny at a Mexican restaurant because I wanted arrachera so badly. First it started with cecina, then I desperately wanted arrachera. Terrible.

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John, the answer to that question would be no.

It's almost worse than bringing drugs into the US!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Welcome back John, how long you here for? Let us know if there's any get togethers planned.

5. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why don't you go to sams club and buy arrachera there? We had some lovely steak we cooked on the barbecue on Sunday, I had never even heard of arrachera before I came to Mexico, what I want to know is where can I have proper fillet steak, not rib eye or t-bone, proper soft fillet, cooked medium rare.

6. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Sam
    our favourite place to eat Steak is Fonda Argentina.
    Tracey

7. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sam,

love the arracherra from walmar but, dont think we can bring it to the states..

8. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John I am 95% sure they sell Arracherra at Walmart here, next to sams club! Also, I have found it for sale in countless restaurants and fast food stores such as La Parilla in Las Americas.

Sounds good Tracey, were is it located? Still have to get together for a game of tennis soon, I been playing over at the municipal courts next to the baseball stadium, played an hour and a half yesterday and they only charged 20 pesos each!

9. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tiendas

You can buy it at a lot of the mexican supermarkets in the US - I saw it in a few in Raleigh,NC. I don't think it's imported from Mexico, it's just a different cut of the meat.

10. kmurphy45

kmurphy45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Basically, arrachera is flank steak cooked in a Mexican style. London Broil is also made from flank steak (or the belly of the cow). Am not sure what the "usual" marinade is but from what I've read on it, it sounds like it's the marinade that sets it apart from the average flank steak. You can google it for a more in depth description. My Mexican friend that came with me to Cancun last year bought some at Wal-Mart and the ingredients to marinade it back at the condo but sorry to say, I don't remember the ingredients of the marinade except for the lime juice. As she bought several limes for the juice and I ate the limes themselves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice