Couplestravel.uk

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Southornormal2.0, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    We were able to re-book thru Expedia yesterday, for a similar price, and the same Bash room. We feel lucky for that as people have been saying the resort is sold out.

Credit card company is getting our deposit back.

2. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Yeah we noticed this too, they weren't real up front about it, but found it in their fine print. It basically said that if you don't pay it may change the price for the group organizer. Dug a little bit on their site and found that if you booked a group through them the organizer would get a free/discounted room. A lot of groups on this site and Facebook seemed to be organizing discounts through couples travel. We suspected that's cause someone in the group was getting free bookings. It didn't really bother us too much if that was the case, but didn't really like that everyone was so secretive about it. After all affiliate links drive profitability for a lot of websites.

3. Southornormal2.0

Southornormal2.0 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    We used couplestravel in September for a master suite with no issues. We found a bunch of positive reviews before we used them, and after our experience we had no hesitation in using them again.

People we know who are going to be there with us in February used them as well. Their reservations had been paid to TTR, however for whatever reason ours had not.

I guess it was just our turn to get screwed over!

4. Motorboatin SOB

Motorboatin SOB Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0
    All group bookings that are set up through the hotel from a travel agent get free rooms. Usually 1 room for every 25 booked (that depends on the time of year) . It's no secret, that's the hotel group booking rules. For one I can tell you that organizing these groups is no easy task and takes a ton of time. To save $1800 on a room isn't worth it at all. Most do it because they enjoy all the fun that large groups can have. The reduced rates that large groups get allow more people to afford to go.

5. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    For sure, which wasn't meaning to sound negative. We have taken advantage of the rates that others have negotiated. Glad people arrange the events, we've been with your NBC group and the HnH group. Both are fun times of year to go because of the folks who go and the extra mile of setting up special things.

6. temptingswing

temptingswing Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Just confirmed with TTR. We are paid in full. Thank the good Lord!

7. Anthony_cro

Anthony_cro Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Southnormal2.0 or anyone who got this email, can you send me email of this lady. I didnt received anything yet so I want to contact her.

Thank you

8. Southornormal2.0

Ratings:
    +35 / 0

It seems that if you didn't get the email your reservation was likely paid. Best to check with the hotel directly.

The email is: administration@eitco.uk

9. Southornormal2.0

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    An update for anyone who cares:

We got an email from TTR this afternoon. They received a cancellation notice from couples travel for our reservation, however they are honouring our reservation and the rate! One phone call and I paid the reservation in full for our Tower room.

When I called originally, I was skeptical that they would figure something out in time and figured they would not honour what we paid couplestravel.uk originally.

In this case, I am quite happy being wrong.

I am very impressed and pleased with how TTR handled this. Tower rooms were no longer available for our trip Feb 21-28, and the Garden View that were left were substantially more expensive than what we paid for our Tower room. We have friends coming with us, and we are meeting up with about two dozen people from previous trips - so we couldn't miss out!

Also, the women I spoke to on the phone both times were very helpful and easy to talk to.

Online, everyone bitches and complains about everything. In this circumstance, I cannot say enough good things about how TTR took care of us!

10. twotwotango

twotwotango Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    Glad to hear things worked out for you..
    See ya round the sexy pool!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice