Couplestravel.uk

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Southornormal2.0, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Southornormal2.0

Southornormal2.0 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Anyone else get this? We are weeks away from our trip and hoping not to get screwed! I noticed just yesterday their website wasn't working.....

Dear Client
    As you may be aware Couples Travel and its various trading destination companies were acquired by EITCO (Malaysia) recently. It is with regret that we inform you that the Caribbean & Mexico trading arm of Couples Travel is financially insolvent and has ceased trading with immediate effect, 9th January 2020.

As you are receiving this email then payment for your stay at your chosen hotel has not been made to the hotel and we strongly advise that you claim back your payment for this booking by either :-

a) Contacting your bank and claiming back/charging back any payments made on your Credit or Debit Card regarding this booking. This will be the quickest option and should see payment returned to you within a matter of days.

b) Making a claim on your travel insurance citing company insolvency. An offical letter will be sent by regular mail to your home address in the next few weeks for this purpose.

c) Awaiting the letter from the insolvency accountants and then listing yourself as a creditor.

Your booking has not been cancelled with the hotel at this stage but payment will now need to be made directly to the hotel.

We will formally set this out for you in a letter by regular mail which will be sent to you shortly by the insolvency accountants with contact details for any further information and guidance for making a claim if you have not followed a) or b) above in line with Malaysian company law.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and be aware that this email address cannot help with individual cases.

Adira Shukri
    EITCO (Malaysia)
    Accounts & Risk Management

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Yep. Just got one too. We haven’t bought the insurance yet. So that isn’t an option. At least we only paid a deposit, but this looks to be a bad deal.

3. Joe&M

Joe&M Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +268 / 0
    I got one too.

4. Patrick and Michelle

Patrick and Michelle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I just got one too. We have two open bookings with them. One fully paid for 2/26/20-3/2/20 and the other in October that we only paid the deposit for. Does anyone know the best way to find out if our reservation is still there, especially the fully paid for one?

5. funPAcpl

funPAcpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I called the hotel directly and mine for next week is still good
    1-888-299-7705

6. Southornormal2.0

Southornormal2.0 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I paid in full and just got off the phone with Mastercard. They were good about disputing the charges and charging it back. Hopefully that sticks.

I emailed TTR. Hopefully the honour the rate....we got a decent deal on a Tower room!

Ugh.

7. Patrick and Michelle

Patrick and Michelle Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Just called the resort. They said that they still have our reservations but that they have not received payment from Couples Travel. But they said our reservations are good and they have to get money from Couples Travel. I don't think thats true and I asked them to keep me updated if any changes are made to my reservations or if we need to pay. It seems like they are pretty caught off guard and are not sure what is happening.

8. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    I just got the same email for our trip in April. Does anyone know if the resort is honoring the rate?

9. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    the Couples Travel Website has also disappeared.

10. Joe&M

Joe&M Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +268 / 0
    Talked to my credit card company. Doesn't look like there will be a big problem getting the money back. Hopefully

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice