Cool Tequila Video

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Jan 18, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just received a great video about the medicinal effects of tequila, including side effects and warnings. It is hilarious. 1:41 minutes.

Since it is not a link I have no idea how to post it so if anyone would like me to forward it to them, please send me an email or private message and put Tequila in the subject line and I will send it to you by email.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :cool: :cool: LOVE IT :cool: :cool:

5. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanx TJ. Very funny - but I still wanna try to develop a love of tequila the way I have of Scotch. With scotch I was told to start with Bells Scotch as it's the "scotch for people who don't like scotch". It worked and now I drink a variety of scotches. This is how I'd like to proceed with tequila when I arrive in a month. What brand do u suggest I start with as the "tequila for people who hate tequila". BTW I know there was a recent talk on everyone's favorite tequilas - and after I get to "like" tequila I plan to branch out to some of those.

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tequilas & bringing booze back on the plane

I think the best bang for the buck is Corralejo Reposado and it is really my favorite. Plus it comes in a real tall dark blue bottle which makes a great impression. You can get it at Walmart or across the street at La Europea for about $18US for a liter.

My friends tell me that the ladies like Cazadores Reposado but I have had no trouble getting ladies to enjoy the former. Basic bottle for this brand.

The white or clear tequila is called blanco on the labels. Real Mexicans shoot a lot of blanco as it is cheaper and you get just as drunk. There are some nasty brands of this stuff but I don't go there. El Jimador is one I have seen an parties quite a bit.

Reposado is a tiny bit darker and with more flavor from the aging process.

Añejo is the darkest and has the strongest flavor and my favorite is Tequila Reserva 1800 Añejo, more commonly known as "1800". It has a nice looking bottle too.

As an alternative to Baileys there is something I have been sampling lately, courtesy of my friend Joe, at My Place, is 1921 Crema con Tequila. It is 30 proof, or 15% alcohol and you can enjoy it like you would Baileys.

Trust me on this. No one in Mexico drinks Cuervo Gold. You can buy a liter in Walmart for $9US and take it home to your friends, or for margaritas but stick to something like any of the others mentioned here.

As for taking booze back to the US, you are allowed up to 2 liters per person. If you buy at the duty free shop after clearing airport security, it will cost you about double Walmart prices but they bring it to you as you are boarding the plane. This is the only way to carry it ON the plane and you don't have to go to Walmart. If you don't get it at the Duty Free shop it has to be packed in your luggage. I am usually successful in wrapping a bottle or two in my dirty clothes. But last time a bottle of cuban rum ruptured in my suitcase. The bottom of the bottle imploded it seemed. I don't think it was the luggage getting tossed around but the pressure. I am going to try it again on my next return to the US.

Maybe 212eric will see and reply to this post. He is the most knowledgable person about tequila that I know.

7. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Corralejo Reposado it is then. Thanx. BTW was it the one that was your 1st favorite - or was it a brand that u "graduated to." Keep me posted on the "creme tequila" - sounds like *that* could become a ladies' favorite.

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh yeah. You roll the RR's.

Corr(rolling) - ah - LAY- hoe

Or in a bar just point to the bar and say: la botella azul alta.

That is what Steve does when he can no longer roll the r's.

10. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, that should lay the whole vodka thing to rest eh Steve!! :wink:

George

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice